Trip reset (polite request by car!!)

Choclab

For no apparent reason, I had a “please reset trip and press and hold OK” message on start up. Did as requested, via infotainment, and trip reset to zero, BUT the message won’t go away, as I have not pressed, and held, the OK.  Where is the OK button???

Yes, tried that. Handbook does not show trip in index, but found a bit about resetting trip in description and functions of virtual dash, and it does mention using scroll button, so will have another go, later on. Another oddity was that message showed in all but one of the screen options, and one also had warning of low oil temperature - not surprising as just started from cold!

Apologies if this doesn’t work….

Beneath the silver scroll button on the right-hand side of the steering wheel are two buttons, side-by-side.
Pressing the left-arrowed button should bring up a display of options on the virtual dash that you can then scroll up and down through, using the scroll button.

Trip reset is in there.

Once ‘Trip’ is displayed, press and hold the scroll button to reset.

• Like 1

That works to reset trip to zero, but doesn’t get rid of message to press OK. Only appears on some of the options, so will stick with the ones it doesn’t, until I can nip in the dealer, and ask them.

24 minutes ago, Choclab said:

IMG_1411.jpeg

Looks like you have inadvertently turned the RH scroll button and selected trip mileage which then gives you the option to reset by pressing and holding , the RH scroll button in my case ( Kodiaq).

• Like 1

I’ve just set my display to duplicate yours and the same wording appears, even after it’s been reset, so it appears to be part of the standard format when you’ve elected to display the trip.

• Like 1

Annoying that I only started pressing buttons because it asked me to. I didn’t want to zero the trip, as I never use it, and now stuck with the message. Luckily, I prefer a particular dash, and that does not show the message😀.

Whole thing is crackers, as trip now showing back to zero, every time I try to get rid of message, so that is all it needs, but no, it’s just nag nag nag. Trip (ha ha) to the dealer on Friday.

56 minutes ago, Choclab said:

Whole thing is crackers, as trip now showing back to zero, every time I try to get rid of message, so that is all it needs, but no, it’s just nag nag nag. Trip (ha ha) to the dealer on Friday.

Change the middle display to something else if it bothers you. No need for trip miles to be there as the trip miles shows where the seatbelt warning symbols are once the car is moving anyway.

IMG_3059.jpeg

Edited by Kenny R
  • Love it! 1

Fatalistic, above, pointed out that their's is the same.  

So seems likely it's doing this by design - I'm guessing  that Skoda (VW Group, probably) assume that you'll only look at the trip mileage now and again and once you've looked you may well want to reset it, so they helpfully tell you how.

Edited by Rory
  • Love it! 1

Nice of them to be helpful, but once done, the message should disappear on pressing OK, but does not. And, I did not want to zeros the trip, but that message came up. It is no problem using trip (not that I ever do), but don’t need to see that message all the time. 

1 hour ago, Choclab said:

Nice of them to be helpful, but once done, the message should disappear on pressing OK, but does not. And, I did not want to zeros the trip, but that message came up. It is no problem using trip (not that I ever do), but don’t need to see that message all the time. 

As my post above, change the dash centre display to something else other than trip mileage/ reset as you have now and you won’t get the press to reset message.