Superb 3T Elegence V6 wagon

I've finally joined the Skoda Club.

After months and months of umming and erring I finally did it and got SWMBO to allow me to get rid of my boring 6 and into something interesting again.

Currently unroadworthy and unregistered - parts have already been purchased and I'm waiting for them to enter my hot little hands so I can get to work on her.

No name yet, but thinking Stealth as once finished, all the badges will be blacked out and the alloy's as well.

Parts coming (just to get it roadworthy)

DBA T2 discs front and back

ATE Ceramic pads front and back

Sway bar links (doing all 4 but only 1 required for the roadworthy)

Rocker cover casket.

The pads were hard to find here in Australia so they are coming from Lithuania quicker than the discs are that are here in Australia!

I do have a question about the battery though. Does it really need to be coded? I've got an OBDEleven coming so (as long as I've bought the right one) I can do that.

PXL_20240125_232210972.jpg

PXL_20240125_232223940.jpg

Welcome to the forum cobber. Battery adaptation (coding) depends on whether or not your new vehicle is fitted with micro-hybrid energy recuperation - does it have automatic idle stop (stop-start)? 

Edited by Warrior193
typo
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

does it have automatic idle stop (stop-start)? 

Ok, I'll have to check for that. There was no engine cut out when stopped at lights on the test drive or the drive home so guessing that it doesn't.

16 hours ago, Warrior193 said:

does it have automatic idle stop (stop-start)? 

Well, there is no start/stop button in the car so guessing I don't have it.

Hello, see the attached image below for the automatic idle stop button - if your new vehicle doesn't have this button somewhere on the instrument panel1979038293_skodaautomaticidlestopbutton.thumb.jpg.964d6ab56ee45bb5b49afce29cb19361.jpg, it's probably not a micro-hybrid - in which case, you don't need to carry out any adaptation when fitting a replacement battery and you don't require an EFB or AGM type. 

• Like 1

So, here comes more questions that I hope I can get some help with.

Purchased an OBDEleven and got the following errors:

Fault code: 00883

Issue: Ignition/starter switch (terminal S) Implausible signal

Status: Intermittent (feeling it's now static as car won't start but there's also battery issues as well)

Fault code: 01625

Issue: Front Parking aid warning buzzer Open circuit/short circuit to ground

Have worked out I need a new buzzer

Fault code: b105a1b

Issue: Covering for fuel level indicator sensor 2 Resistance too high

Status: Intermittent (explains an issue I had when I picked the car up not showing how much fuel was in the tank. Not had it since though)

Fault code: 02811

Issue: C steering column lock control module No signal/communications

Fault code: 02233 & 02234

Issue: Left & Right headlight power output stage. Lower limit not reached

Fault code: b11df13

Issue: Rear lid warning buzzer. Open circuit

I cleared the faults and only the rear lid one remained. Have tried to do this again but the battery is now dead so not going to bother charging it as I have a new one coming in a few weeks.

My question for this last one is this. Is this the same buzzer that's for the rear parking sensor? I've googled it and found absolutely nothing on it. The fault code gives me no results.

Also, should I be worried about the other codes that have appeared?

I'd suggest waiting until the new, fully-charged battery is fitted, then resetting all fault codes and taking things from there. All sorts of (often spurious) fault codes can be common with a faulty / discharged battery.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

So an update - things going super slowly more due to not really having enough spare time and money.

Also, found out really quickly that I didn't have the right tools for a lot of the jobs so have needed to enlist help from friends which has been even harder to tie down when they and myself are free so I've done some things and had a few wins as well.

Front discs and pads done - had a friend do these who used to be a Euro mechanic a few years ago. He took 1 look at the rears and went without a hoist I'm not doing them. so it's now of to a Euro garage for that and the sway bar link's to be done.

Battery replaced and lo and behold it fixed a warm aircon! Didn't think in a million years that would get fixed like that but saying that, the battery was well under-sized for the car so guessing there just wasn't enough juice coming from it for all the electrical stuff.

Only 1 error code remains on the OBD and that's the Rear Deck Lid speaker. Now I know where that is just need to order another speaker (had to do the one behind the dash for the parking sensors which I did today. Boy that was a pain)

Got new alloy's on which need a balance.

Car is booked in for the 29th April to get the work required done (need a rear wiper motor as well, as nothing happens other than the water pump from the reservoir - no water or movement at the rear) - so 3 months from when I got her.

Can't wait to get her registered and on the road.

• Like 1