Octavia 2 Estate rear wash hose split, wiper failure

Spoiler

Hi,

My rear wash has failed as the hose has split in the flexi boot between the body and hatch. Anyone know the internal diameter of the pipe as I'm considering a repair joiner or complete pipe replacement.

Also rear wiper does not function even with the boot closed, and boot internal lights only function sometimes. OBDEleven confirms no fault with the stalk switch and no recorded faults with any modules including the Comfort Module. Haynes manual schematics shows fuse (Trailer?) as one of the feeds to the wiper motor? Have i got a dodgy boot microswitch? ..random blown fuse? failed wiper motor without fault code recorded?....any ideas folks?

For joiner and hose connector I'd not want to guess.

If you are fully confident in OBDEleven being accurate (I've no idea) with stalk switch and all else then back to other diagnostic tools like multimeter and you.  Can your OBDEleven test the rear wiper motor by activating it?  Could be any of your thoughts for wiper motor not working and boot lights being intermittent plus poor connections, broken or partially broken wires or connectors, or connectors in a poor state of contact, same for earth wires and connections.

Personally I'd not fully trust any Haynes manual, Skoda Owner's Manual is down at the moment so you will have to confirm fuse locations and numbers in your paper printed copy of your Owner's Manual for the car for this info (assuming that is correct, other owner might know if that is the case). 

(ETA: last post arrived whilst I was still typing so a test of good live supply and earth to the wiper motor might confirm that as failed)

For not working wiper motor check all possible fuses, both sides of the fuse, for live connection (with ignition on), or check at wiper motor connections for live supply and good earth and then work towards the fuse end checking connections and earths as much as possible.  Inspect for damage for damage or water as you go along, wiggle wires and connectors too.  Same really for interment boot lights, starting at bulbs and bulb connectors in light units.

Usual applies of course for any information from any source, check it and cross reference it with if possible two other reliable sources for that information.

Good luck, let us know how you get on, and if possible report back with the solution so that other owners can learn from that information.

• 2 weeks later...

If when you've checked your motor, you have no power, after checking fuses and the basics first,  check the wiring harness between the boot and car, possibly near where your washer pipe is. There is a service bulletin relating to rear wiper failure, washer failure, and high level brake light failure, on estates. May be worth a look if you still have no joy 

• Like 1