Thinking of buying a new vRs diesel

Having owned a remapped 2017 Passat BiTDi 240bhp to 290bhp. Love this car but it’s approaching 7 years and 200,000 miles. It’s fast and i say that having owned a mk2 Octavia 2.0 TFSI that was modded to 320bhp all those years ago. I’ll certainly miss it.

i quite like the look of the vrs especially in blue. How do you rate them? Would i regret buying one? My worry is loss of comfort and power and i might regret it. Yes i know there’s a 245 version but driving 30k a year might make it expensive to run in comparison.

Edited by Micky 32

Bought mine in November, not regretted it. 

Yes, it’s clearly not going to be as fast as your current car, so you’ll have to decide whether that’s something you can live with or not. It’s not particularly slow, I came from an i30N Performance and it doesn’t feel a huge step down. 

Comfy enough inside, well specced and very modern. 

1 hour ago, Micky 32 said:

Having owned a remapped 2017 Passat BiTDi 240bhp to 290bhp. Love this car but it’s approaching 7 years and 200,000 miles. It’s fast and i say that having owned a mk2 Octavia 2.0 TFSI that was modded to 320bhp all those years ago. I’ll certainly miss it.

i quite like the look of the vrs especially in blue. How do you rate them? Would i regret buying one? My worry is loss of comfort and power and i might regret it. Yes i know there’s a 245 version but driving 30k a year might make it expensive to run in comparison.

I also have the "blue" Diesel VRS (Estate) and I love it, and as far as it being diesel I much prefer it, much  better on economy than 

the petrol and if you were on the race track it quick enough for road driving

Thanks for the replies. I think i can live with less power because these days with cops loving handing out tickets i don’t get to stretch the legs on the Passat like i used to. A remap might liven it up a bit anyway. How is the comfort long haul? I regularly go to France on road trips. The Passat was great for cruising.

10 hours ago, Micky 32 said:

Thanks for the replies. I think i can live with less power because these days with cops loving handing out tickets i don’t get to stretch the legs on the Passat like i used to. A remap might liven it up a bit anyway. How is the comfort long haul? I regularly go to France on road trips. The Passat was great for cruising.

Only had mine for 3k miles, but early indications are it's ok on long journeys. Recently drove to Edinburgh, approx. 4.5hrs and over 200 miles, felt absolutely fine.

2 minutes ago, Hairy_Joe said:

Hope you pull it quick as I believe the diesels are going off sale.

Yep. Any day now. I got my order in anyway!

On 05/02/2024 at 11:43, Micky 32 said:

I’ve had two Vrs diesels Mk2 and Mk 3. Both did Santander to Costa Bllanca return trips in great comfort and economy while being more than adequate for fun on single carriageway roads.