2 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Here is 200 euro fine, 9 points on the System, the Policeman removes at once your license plates and your driving licence.

You can take them both back after 60 days.

Much sterner than here.  If it's just the driving in the emergency lane that's reported at most it's the 3 points (and perhaps the fine I'm not sure) and you can have up to 12 points on your licence before you lose it but insurance premiums can be affected by those 3 pionts.  IIRC for the first two years after passing your driving test it's 6 point limit, can't remember when that was introduced as it was many decades after I passed my driving test.  I'm not sure there was a points system here when I got my licence endorsed as a lad.

1 hour ago, nta16 said:

not only crossed into the emergency lane you travelled in it

WRONG never ever DID ALL 4 wheels enter the lane at the same time thus this is not traveling rather is crossing albeit at a very shallow angle

1.In the UK crossing a Solid white line is an offence

2. in the UK Speed limit signs (red circle) are not "do this speed by this point" it is "maximum speed after that point".

So accelerating up to the sign would fail your driving test.

Greece may have different regulations?

Understeer happens when you try to take a corner too fast

Edited by Stonekeeper
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

@Stonekeeper Same in GR but especially in country the Traffic Police isn't so ''by the book'', it's a bit ''elastic" as we say here.

I hired a Car in Malta many years ago (90s)

Asked the car hire guy to confirm what side of the road to drive on and he said " In the shade" 🤣

• Like 1
  • Cheeky 1

1 hour ago, Stonekeeper said:

So accelerating up to the sign would fail your driving test.

Would it though, why should I brake gradually when approaching a lowering speed limit but not accelerate gradually when approaching an increasing speed limit?

In the UK crossing a Solid white line is an offence

any type of solid line?

maximum speed after that point

I would better say maximum allowable speed limit from this point onward.
But that means when you have 2 speed limit zones since the change is a point (In geometry, a point is an abstract idealization of an exact position, without size, in physical space)
the speed when decelerating should go from 60 to 40 in dt, which is impossible as you are aware

@Stonekeeper

We read about the cameras in UK but ''we are still behind" in this matter.

The Traffic Police isn't so strict as in USA, if you do something wrong but it's not serious (no damages, no danger to other drivers etc) and you have a good excuse they let you go without a fine.

Also they are not so thoroughly in traffic stops about inspections i.e tinted windows or Led lights (if you are not exaggerate), they know but in purpose they don't say you nothing.

Till 2021 there was a 50% discount in the fine i.e parking ticket if was paid within the first 10 days, now the fine is less but not discount.

18 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

any type of solid line?

Those that are along the carriageway. If they are across it, it would be a Stop.

Along the left side are usually in Clearways, where stopping is prohibited?

In the centre, usually double with breaks when it is deemed it may be safe to overtake

Protecting Bus Lanes

Protecting hatched areas at exits/entrances to slip roads. (people leaving a Motorway late or early for example?)

There are exemptions i.e to pass objects traveling less than 10mph and to enter premises on the other side of the road/bus lane.

But generally if you cross a solid white you risk a fine..

6 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

fixed

Yes but that's just the title of the video isn't it  (what we call a*se-covering, and original title is still recorded) but that's relatively unimportant, what about learning (other than to cover your a*se belatedly), any improvement on the attitude, or pretend improvement on the attitude.  I'm not giving you any more hints for you to perhaps fake things.  No need to reply, best not to, I genuinely hope you've considered more but it makes no real odds if you have or haven't, back to figures, numbers, equations.  😁

7 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

WRONG never ever DID ALL 4 wheels enter the lane at the same time thus this is not traveling rather is crossing albeit at a very shallow angle

Uhmm if you say so, means your road position in road lane earlier might  have been off-centre but let's not argue about such things the 500 driver was drifting off straight line within the lane, perhaps he wasn't concentrating, or one arm got tired, I think he remained in lane but I'm not checking.  If I am wrong about anything I apologise, if it's just a case of you can't be wrong, I'm not that bothered about that either, you may know to yourself, I don't. As you are at the moment I'm glad I don't have to employ you or work with you, I'm sure the feeling is mutual.  Best you stick with the certainty of correctly applied mathematics.

2 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

you have a good excuse they let you go without a fine.

There are very few good excuses and no allowable excuses.  Here in the UK the Police are usually very lenient but start explaining your version of a law as apposed to what it actually is is tolerated for so long then they either, being human, decide to stop explaining or listening to what is incorrect, they get it all the time, and get on to other stuff or perhaps be less tolerant to other infringements with the person and/or their car.  People have always done this but there must have been a rise since the internet and the drop of respect for the Police and other services (sometimes dissevered but more often not).  It's very much  not a matter of routine that our Police offices are armed with a taser let alone a gun, which is a very good thing, but I've been told of experiences where Brits encountering others countries Police are a lot less "mouthy" seeing the firearms holster.

5 hours ago, Stonekeeper said:

Understeer happens when you try to take a corner too fast

Yes but he said:

3 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

second gear engaged no more than 20kmh more like (15ish).