1 hour ago, nta16 said:

suggesting quick changes look again your hand isn't on the gear lever or heading to or from it

clarify what you mean

2 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Not worth the money,in Greece these seminars are expensive af,

each lesson would cost 350 (with your own vehicle)

Racing Driving € 170

Includes

20' Training on the Track

Car: Suzuki Swift Stage 2

Recording Camera

Telemetry

Safety Driving €160

Includes

30′ Off-Track Training

Recording Camera

Your Own Car €100

Includes

2 x 20′ Track Training

Recording Camera

Telemetry

Additional charges:

Track entrance tickets

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Racing Driving € 170

Includes

Recording Camera

Telemetry

20 minutes = 170
850euros/170 = 5 * 20 = 100minutes 

so if I dont crash the bmw within the first 100 minutes of driving I am at a financial advantage.
And please dont be fooled that im not aware of RDE serres, I know, but add travel expenses you will see its not financially viable.

Neither is driving academy in athens
https://www.car.gr/classifieds/cars/view/340475555-bmw-316#bigger-photos
i can score that for 1000 euros easily

Edited by Thefeliciahacker

As for the record: 4T began this many years ego before Serres Academy, Safety driving (rain, emergency brake etc) only and not Racing.

1 hour ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Today once more the Felicia proved it's not a sports car nor will it ever be,

So the same with Favorit, Fabia 1.4 ?

14 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

coasting you mean neutral or engine braking, my felly except if provoked will never oversteer

Neutral, on dry asphalt, it was quite neutral.

4 hours ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Fabia 1.4 ?

Don't even mention that. They worked really hard to make the worst car possible with the stuff they had.

7 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

clarify what you mean

Looking at both video again, my apologies to you in the first video your gear changes are just relaxed or casual rather than over lingering, it's only in the second vid that you are caressing the gear lever.

As you like figures, second vid, of the 15 seconds of the vid there is only 1 second with both hands on the wheel, from 3 seconds to end your right hand is at gear lever, at about 11 seconds the car appears straight on the road.  You would say you only needed one hand on the wheel for the spin and were going through the gears after getting the car straight - fair enough.  I was going on my overall impression rather than maths (timings). 

Like me you have a bad habit of only having on e hand on the wheel even when the other is not occupied.

Video 1, 3 seconds in before you put your left hand on the steering wheel, at the end of the video you dropped your right hand off the wheel to your lap and the video faded out, so for all I know you could have immediately returned your right hand to the wheel a fraction of a second after the video finished.

BTW there's no captions or translation that I saw on the videos.

I ran the videos at half speed as I'm not bothered about too much accuracy on such a matter as this but as you like numbers you could run them at the quarter speed available.   I don't know how accurate the video timing is as obviously there are no frame codes or timings to calibrate and confirm a second, or part of, of time - but you could do approximate maths for the following.  You know the speeds you were going at certain points, and allowing for deacceleration - you appeared to cross the solid white line  on the right at 14 seconds shown and appeared to be fully across that line for 3 seconds before the full width of the exit lane.  How many meters does that make it that you were too early in doing so?

I'm joking.  Give yourself rests from engineering and maths, there's more to the world and life than just engineering and maths.

I think you might be using the word aggressive with a mechanical engineering slant rather than the common use of the word over here.  The second video where you are messing around on a public roundabout would perhaps by some be nearer to (somewhat) aggressive but even then it wouldn't be the description used by many or most over here.

Enjoy your cars and yourself.

Edited by nta16
spelling

Sorry I missed these and feel you need to know.

my felly except if provoked will never oversteer

12 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

please explain the mechanism that caused my felicia to understeer 

Even a thicko like  me can explain - assuming the car was correctly engineering designed and built and all components and parts suitable and correctly maintained and used within its parameters no car will ever understeer or oversteer - that is all down to driver input (or lack of) it's that simple.

7 hours ago, nta16 said:

BTW there's no captions or translation that I saw on the videos.

In the first video I say 

Rev match into 4th niceeee. 

Brakes brakes 

Lift of the brakes 

We aim towards the outside 

Nice and progressive turn in 

Holding the line. 

Stable as a train 

Alfa romeo 

7 hours ago, nta16 said:

How many meters does that make it that you were too early in doing so?

Maybe 40 meters I don't know, was it too early yes, but I can't really understand it's illegal nature since you are not occupying the emergency lane as the emergency lane pretty much ends and converts to the off ramp, soo I wouldn't say I committed an offence 

7 hours ago, nta16 said:

1, 3 seconds in before you put your left hand on the steering wheel, at the end of the video you dropped your right hand off the wheel to your lap and the video faded out, so for all I know you could have immediately returned your right hand to the wheel a fraction of a second after the video finished

Again very attentive I have to admit when I'm not planning on driving fast or need super duper accuracy I will drive one handed or maybe no handed if I need to check my phone etc (JK ofc)  hahaha. I've never said I'm super safe super law abiding citizen. I'm not I just try to be safe and conforming where I feel it really matters. 

Let me give you a couple of examples :

I will never run a red light. 

Will never drive under the influence, like we go out for a beer 🍻 and I will drink half a litre and wait at least 3 hours from my last sip before I go to drive (BAC near 0)

Will never drive aggressive. 

Will never not stop at stop signs.

Will never text and drive

But I'm guilty of : 

Making a call on speaker (only on the highway though) 

Disregarding stupid speed limits (i.e. The 30 sign on the end of the off ramp as right after there is a 60)

Drivimg one handed. 

And something I hate to admit it but driving unbuckled (and yes I admit it because I've been doing it sometimes unconsciously and others consciously i.e. Summertime when I go for a swim).

But if you ask me in all my 6 years driving career I've never put my self in harms way and never did my actions endanger someone else. 

See I am not defensive 

9 hours ago, Papez said:

They worked really hard to make the worst car possible with the stuff they had

In fact I think with the 1.4 mpi they solved all the problems of the skoda OHV engine 

On 08/02/2024 at 23:31, Thefeliciahacker said:

thats the most aggresive driving I can do 

FWD Engine - Stock Wheels - R13 (not alloy) Intake - 4$ AliExpress air filter Exhaust - Stock Landi Renzo preformance lpg system Short shifter with custom gear knob Transmission - 5 gear manual with strange noises at high speed.

bro shifted to 1st gear just to slow down at 0:44, he doesnt know how to drive 
improper hand positioning abrubt thorttle moments, very violent with the car for no reason, you can carry that speed and be way less violent

2 hours ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

In fact I think with the 1.4 mpi they solved all the problems of the skoda OHV engine 

They didn't. HG was still failing and hydraulic tappets added another point of failure. The exhaust manifold probably couldn't be worse. And the chain tensioner was still missing. Overall, it was weaker with higher fuel consumption. And handling of the car was terrible. 

Edited by Papez

8 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

Was it a 4-1 setup? 

Yes, 4-1 with very short run (basically just modified Felicia manifold) and outer cylinder runs facing each other.

Also, the 44kW version was restricted by narrower intake manifold - with sharp diameter change going into head. I've driven that version, it was atrocious.

32 minutes ago, Papez said:

the 44kW

i didnt know its existence

33 minutes ago, Papez said:

Also, the 44kW version was restricted by narrower intake manifold - with sharp diameter change going into head. I've driven that version, it was atrocious.

drivability wise?

20 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

drivability wise?

The 1.2 3-cylinder provides more dynamics. Regarding handling, on a wet road, it could easily oversteer. Once I drove it in winter and it would switch between understeer and oversteer in the same corner. It was pretty handful. I've driven several fabias since than and they are all "nervous" handling and suspension comfort wise. Even compared to other PQ24 cars

Edited by Papez

@Thefeliciahacker dismiss it, and/or tell me to stop, if you want but I only continue with this as trying to help you and help you understand and not just with the driving.

Time to tune in and read below or tune out and don't bother to read below, you decide, tell me to stop now, you decide.

Maybe 40 meters I don't know, was it too early yes, but I can't really understand it's illegal nature since you are not occupying the emergency lane as the emergency lane pretty much ends and converts to the off ramp, soo I wouldn't say I committed an offence 

If it's 40m and that doesn't matter does 60m matter, what about 80m or more, is it generally understood that 40m / 60m / 80m or more doesn't matter or is it just for you, or for all, or you and those you approved of to also do it.  - There is very clear marking where the emergency lane finishes and the turning off lane begins.  Perhaps a roads engineer designed this with parameters for type of road and its use and the contemporary legislation, legislation which was probably drawn up including relevant engineers' design work.

In this country if someone is being very strict then that might be considered continuous driving in the emergency lane which is illegal and could get you penalty points and/or a fine.

I only cotinine with this as I think, and I could be wrong myself, that you continue to be over-defensive about this and at the same time not fully accepting your mistake and doing this in your in your present and future life inside and outside of work (or when you might be wrong or when you are wrong) often doesn't give good results from you and those you interact with.  Asking questions, putting your side, debating all are fine and good, even arguing can sometimes be good.

To remind you, you initially blamed the 500 driver and not yourself for crossing the solid white line. -

On 09/02/2024 at 05:49, Thefeliciahacker said:

Indeed that's the 500s fault not mine.

I have to admit when I'm not planning on driving fast or need super duper accuracy I will drive one handed . . .   I just try to be safe and conforming where I feel it really matters. 

I sometimes drive with one hand by force of bad habit but if I said I only done this when I felt it didn't really matter that I did this that would show some level of arrogance and perhaps ignorance as to when it actually really does matter, that's all the time I am driving the car.

Disregarding stupid speed limits (i.e. The 30 sign on the end of the off ramp as right after there is a 60)

Now you must admit that shows, as most of us have, some level of arrogance, I hope you would accept if you were caught doing so that you have done wrong and not give the same manner of explanation, excuse and attitude as with the solid white line and instead say "it's a fair cop, guv" and you were going above the posted speed limit without justifiable reason.  If you think the speed limit is wrong for that short stretch of road you as an engineer should be able to present a case to the relevant authority to get it changed (before you break the law and accept the consequences) and whatever their decision is you either accept it or accept any consequences of not doing so.

Will never drive aggressive. 

You are gonna need to change the title of your video then.  😁

Stick with me for the next bit as you're probably not going to like it at the start.

In your video, and with it being available, it might be suggested that the reason you crossed the solid white line early was because your mind was more on the upcoming manoeuvre than the road you were on at the time.  Believe me I can guess most of the ways you could answer that to deny or to suggest otherwise and they may be all true, or not.  Imagine if that was me driving and made the video and commentary and cutting the solid white line would you think about that action in exactly the same way for me as you do for yourself.  Then imagine if that was me driving, making the recording and doing the commentary at the time and I ran into you and your car and you viewed the recording of me on that recording and making the commentary would you think about those actions in exactly the same way as you do for yourself.

If you read this far you don't need to give a reply (not that anyone ever has to) and if you dismiss it all and/or want me to tell me stop trying to help you that's fine as I can't think of any more to do, on this at least.

Cheers. 🙃

@nta16

1st point:

Cutting emergency lane 

3 factors led to that decision. 

With the acceleration rate I was carrying by the time the exit lane would be officially open I would have been closer than the minimum following distance from the 500 alas the 500s fault (condition was caused by a combination of me and 500)

Secondly I don't care if I drive on the emergency lane for a distance of =<40m as the lane converts to an exit lane sooo it can't be used by emergency services and it will not gain them nothing. 

Third I wanted to get the car set up for the SOMEWHAT aggressive turn. 

2nd point:

Speed limits. 

I suppose you are aware of the 2 facts I am stating. 1st speed limit is in enforcement from the announcement onwards until the next announcement. 2nd the derivative of speed (aka acceleration) cannot be infinite. 

Given these 2 facts let's say you are in an 80 zone and you see a 60 coming up, you are going to slow down in between the 80 and the 60 to 60.

Flip that argument and suppose you are going from a 50 to an 100, if you want to keep the highest Avg speed you have to again be at 100 the moment the 100 sign is on your side thus accelerate gradually, 

More so when all these speed limit changes occur within 300 meters of each other but with no ALTERATION to actual road parameters (width turns lanes pedestrians traffic light etc) I'm just gonna completely disregard the mid speed limits and I'm just going to enforce the outermost ones. 

So 

100->100m->80->50m->30->100m->60

Put it simply here I just see I need to reduce my speed from 100 to 60 in the distance of 300meters.   Period 

3rd point :

One handed driving 

Who cares if it's more relaxing! 

11 hours ago, nta16 said:

In this country if someone is being very strict then that might be considered continuous driving in the emergency lane which is illegal and could get you penalty points and/or a fine.

Here is 200 euro fine, 9 points on the System, the Policeman removes at once your license plates and your driving licence.

You can take them both back after 60 days.

In case of recurrence, within 6 months of the first offense, the driver's license is withdrawn for twice the period (120 days) and the offender is required to undergo the examination for its reissuance.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

Here is 200 euro fine

But for DRIVING in the emergency lane, not for crossing it.
Its the same argument as if you consider a parked car as moving since the traffic around it is moving.
Which by the way was the reason I was issued a 500 euro ticket for an uninsured vehicle

37 minutes ago, Thefeliciahacker said:

But for DRIVING in the emergency lane, not for crossing it.

Even if you are crossing foe seconds the EL (some times even the white dividing lane) for example to make an overtake to a annoying slow vehicle you can get a fine, in the second case it's often unfair but that's the Law.

sddefault.jpg

If the Cop sees you and stops you he can ignore your excuse.

58 minutes ago, D.FYLAKTOS said:

for example to make an overtake to a annoying slow vehicle you can get a fine, in the second case it's often unfair but that's the Law.

yes but in my case I didnt use the emergency lane for anything, in fact it just ended a few meteres after, if the EL had continued and I went in AND out of the EL then yes your example is totally correct

@Thefeliciahacker these things are really minor and of little importance except your constant excuses for making a minor insignificant mistake at the time.

1st point

Yes the 500 driver cut you up a bit but you are in control of your car, you look in your mirror and brake if required to get the required gap between the 500 and your car and what you have put now and the video add more weight to you were thinking about the manoeuvre you wanted to record on the bend more than the current road conditions.  And it also shows you don't know how to properly set the car up for the manoeuvre you wanted to show off.

The fact that you don't care is fine for me I'm not over there but it shows your arrogance and as already put your ignorance of setting the "Alfa Romeo Brera (Somewhat) Aggressive Turning", somewhat aggressive is still aggressive isn't it.

You do care about numbers so, looking at your video again you not only crossed into the emergency lane you travelled in it, you were only full in it for a short distance but I was giving you the benefit of of some doubt before of when you first crossed the solid white line, again as you like numbers using a fixed point on the dash and wiper arm you and running the video at quarter speed you crossed the line at 12 seconds point, not 14, so using your calculations that's about 60m instead of 40m.

2nd point.

You really are sounding like a teenager again.  I don't know Greek road speed regulations but I can't imagine the same principle here don't apply there.  So here, speed sign on motorway gantry can have speed camera directly behind it for rear facing cameras with, formerly at least, markings to verify vehicles speeds the road directly after the sign and an electronic sign has variable speeds that can be put up on it.

The speed limit applies at the sign, drivers need to adjust the speed before the sign so as to pass the sign at the marked speed, basic driving lesson stuff.  See at 4:32 in the following video (link) for UK at least, earlier in the video it reminds that it's the driver's responsibility to know the speed limit on any part of any road even if there aren't signs to remind them.  - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0eY0FfQ1rs   

The speed limits, and other regulations, in any country are not made up by individuals and apply to all whether they care or not.

3rd point.

Who cares depends on what the regulations are and what results happen from doing so.  I have said I also have that bad habit, you and I should try to break bad driving habits, I try but don't always succeed but you seem to me to be taking it as some sort of right for yourself.

As I put before if you continue in your life inside and outside of work with this attitude, and of feeling superior to others you may get away with it, especially if you are able to "pull rank" in a work situation, for some time and perhaps to some extent but it will you open to reactions of micky taking at best, perhaps social dismissal and perhaps slightly aggressive, or more, reactions from some.  Are you a follower or supporter of the likes of Andrew Tate or others similar to his views?