Side Mirrors, Electrical folding or not

Hi,

So recently the mrs has picked up a mk2 vrs and I'm the sucker that picked up the maintenance for it.

the car has heated and electrical adjustable wing mirrors but unsure how they fold in. There is some slight play in them but as soon as you try to manually fold them in they feel rock solid. I cannot find a switch or button within the cab to operate them either. Would appreciate if anyone has any guidance I can follow to identify or troubleshoot this problem, please.

My 2009 Elegance does not have electrically folding mirrors. You can manually force them to fold back as is they had been struck by another vehicle, but that is it I am afraid.

• Like 1

I'd rather avoid having to put too much force into it. From past experience most will move when you apply a little bit of body weight behind it but these seem to be stuck. Hence why I wanted to know if there is any tell-tale signs of them being electrically folding and then I could troubleshoot that

thank you for your input though

I doubt any Fabia mk2 had electric folding mirrors.

If it does, the control will be part of the left/right/heat thumbweel on the driver's door as an extra position that has a folded mirror symbol in an extra position similar to this

Screenshot_20240213-101922-024.png.1a3067ea3601924d82943577593bdd0f.png

Try looking in your manual, you can download these from the skoda website if you don't have a physical one.

• Like 3

You can fold them in .... manually. They collect grit underneath and with a bit of cleaning and maybe silicon grease you will get them to fold easily.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...