New 24 Scala Ordered today

Humphret

They told me I couldn't have the charging pack as well as the premium winter pack due to the buttons underneath or something clash.

I did take the 2 years fixed servicing option to I think it was £169 or something.

I live 144 miles from the supplying dealer for my new car and I will be collecting it, I  dont trust there driven delivery option and dont want o pay for a transporter.

Looks like you have answered the wireless charging question. Although, I have seen on YouTube the new Scala Monte Carlo with the paddle shift 3 spoke heated steering wheel - Winter Pack Premium with included wireless charging. Look at JR Reviews YouTube to see this. Could be available in EU only, if so I will get a short cable if I need to charge the phone.

I will look at the fixed servicing nearer the delivery time. 

Mine is Energy Blue, the current one is Race Blue (metallic). Saw the solid blue on a car in the show room and really liked it.

I still have to sort out the fixed price servicing, mentioned it when I ordered the car, but the salesman said to deal with it later, so I will have to remind him nearer the time.

We were umming and ahhing with the blue and grey at first, really liked the race blue. Ordered the graphite grey, then saw it in Velvet red on YouTube the next day and went with that at a daylight robbery price. All the lucky first deliveries will have to post a picture when it arrives.

Does anyone know the circumference of the steering wheel as I want to get a disklok? Figure it’s small or medium, also I have the paddle shift if that makes a difference.

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Legin T said:

Build week 18 now confirmed. 

Nice 🙂 how long after build date is it till you get to pick up your car in the UK? any idea

Was at the dealership yesterday to check out a newly delivered Pearl Black Monte Carlo, not in the showroom yet.

Took a few measurements for a custom rear dog seat cover and ISOFIX dog seat.

I got confirmation of build week 18 with delivery estimated between last week of May to first week June - fingers crossed.

The Pearl Black looked very nice but you do loose the contrast with the other black details, the roof blends in seamlessly.

i think I would definitely paint the brake callipers red, which I am going to do to make the wheels pop.

Yes I was worried that the pearl black will just blend in to much with the bumpers and mirrors, I like how the roof blends in though, I will probably have the cover back most of the time anyway so direct sun isnt coming in.

yes Red brake callipers sounds like a good choice with the 18" alloys

Dealer said the black paint is very easily marked, there were marks already visible marks on the one I saw yesterday. I would definitely get the paint professionally protected with a ceramic coat. Makes washing the car so much easier and water will just fly off.

Not sure if this interests anyone. I have just purchased a set of self adhesive black felt liners for all door bins, glove compartment, armrest box, cup holders and small dash cupboard for my new Scala, other skoda models and brands are available. They can be purchased from Etsy and are made in Turkey. I have checked off all the items and they look ok, better than rattling items on scratchy plastic. There is a YouTube video that demonstrates a door bin being covered.

yes i can imagine that pearl paint will mark easy, be dreading parking in supermarket car parks. in Hindsight I wish I had paid the £400 extra and gone for the Velvet Red now, probably to late to change now.

Flexibility not possible, shame they can’t change the colour. Looks like you are going to be taking delivery of a beautiful stealth Pearl Black Scala. Treat yourself to a red calliper paint job it will look amazing. I have ordered the some mud flaps and Scala mats with red accents to jazz it up a bit.

Not had a confirmed build week yet, but the salesman will probably update me next week as he gives me an update about every 4 weeks as to how it is progressing.

I remember when I had a factory order of a Fabia about 7 years ago, you could go on to Skoda website and put your order number in and it gave the latest update of where the car was.

I saw that my Fabia had ended up been sent over from Emden on an empty Nissan car carrier coming back to Jarrow to pick up more Nissans from the Sunderland Factory. Took it almost 2 weeks to come 5 miles as the crow flies to the dealership in Cramlington. Would only had to come 4 miles if it had come into VAG dock on the other side of the Tyne, and probably a week less of sitting waiting. I nearly offered to drive up to the dealer myself!

If you take the ferry to Amsterdam, you drive down past all the imported VAG cars sitting at the dock.

Let’s hope they deliver all our cars quickly and safely. They may well all come together, hopefully they don’t all sit by the dockside for weeks on end. Dealer cars seem to be all arriving at the moment.

Changes to my order. I have been contacted by my dealer to inform me that Skoda have made changes to the Convenience Pack Plus option.

It no longer includes the virtual pedal alongside the electric boot opening.  To compensate they are offering £400 as a goodwill gesture.

Not the end of the world for me, although it would have been nice to have when your hands are full. No explanation as to why this is.

Anyone else aware of this and in the same situation?

On 02/03/2024 at 14:50, Legin T said:

New Scala Monte Carlo ordered and looking at getting some extra security. Has anyone fitted a Disklok to their steering wheel and if so what size is correct? I’m guessing Small or Medium. I know it has got to be able to freely spin to prevent anyone using the steering wheel.

I bought one and been using it for about 25 years now. Back then they only did one size. I have used it on several fiestas, corsas, minis and now my Fabia. I would measure your steering wheel and email diskloc. I wouldn’t be without mine, although it is heavy and takes up a fair bit of room when not in use.

Until recently I never thought I needed a Disklok. Unfortunately now with so many vehicle thefts and lack Police presence, the more deterrents you have the better. I have pre ordered the latest Diamond version, with highest level of protection in a small (35 - 39cm) Scala steering wheel diameter is 37.5cm so I assume I have 1.5cm to allow for spin., hopefully that’s enough. It comes with a bag and steering wheel cover, so should tuck away between the variable floor in the boot.

• Love it! 1

13 hours ago, Legin T said:

Until recently I never thought I needed a Disklok. Unfortunately now with so many vehicle thefts and lack Police presence, the more deterrents you have the better. I have pre ordered the latest Diamond version, with highest level of protection in a small (35 - 39cm) Scala steering wheel diameter is 37.5cm so I assume I have 1.5cm to allow for spin., hopefully that’s enough. It comes with a bag and steering wheel cover, so should tuck away between the variable floor in the boot.

If they still fit the same way as mine you have 3 settings, sort of like a belt where you can have it tighter or slacker etc. 

it’s a good choice and it will last for years. I was thinking of getting a tile or AirTag. So I could see where the car is if it was stolen. I know there’s a gps in the car, but it can be switched off in the menu. 

You can never have enough security nowadays. I was considering a RaceChip XLR5 throttle response with smart controller. Very easy to plug into the peddle to eliminate the flat spot when accelerating, sometimes found on the 1.5 TSI with DSG. Using the optional removable smart controller - looks like an Apple Watch without the strap, you can switch off the throttle peddle and place in anti theft mode. So if a thief does overcome the car security and start the car they won’t be able to drive it as the throttle peddle will not work until you turn it back on using the controller, which you have removed and taken with you. You can also limit the throttle, say if you have someone else driving and you don’t want them being a boy racer.

• Love it! 1

2 minutes ago, Legin T said:

You can never have enough security nowadays. I was considering a RaceChip XLR5 throttle response with smart controller. Very easy to plug into the peddle to eliminate the flat spot when accelerating, sometimes found on the 1.5 TSI with DSG. Using the optional removable smart controller - looks like an Apple Watch without the strap, you can switch off the throttle peddle and place in anti theft mode. So if a thief does overcome the car security and start the car they won’t be able to drive it as the throttle peddle will not work until you turn it back on using the controller, which you have removed and taken with you. You can also limit the throttle, say if you have someone else driving and you don’t want them being a boy racer.

I’ve never heard of that but like the sound of it! Although when I got my steering lock I was warned that if I lost the keys I would need to call out the Fire Brigade/Department to cut the steering lock off. So I think the car should be pretty safe. 

I went to local Skoda Dealer at weekend as they had a 2024 Monte Carlo in.

looked great inside and out, wasnt to keen on the Grey paintwork though, glad I didnt choose that one, attached a couple of photos for you.

20240330_112820.jpg

20240330_112240.jpg

20240330_112317.jpg

Edited by Revan
added extra photo
  • Love it! 1

Looks very nice in the pictures. More showing up in dealers now, although all are 1.0l versions and not 1.5l.

Personally I don’t mind the grey and very nearly settled for it. It has been a very popular car colour for some time, I had a Mk 4 Celica in the same colour back in the 90’s. Glad I went for the Velvet Red in the end, although I haven’t actually seen one in person yet.

I have just received a parcel from Skoda Parts in Pizen CZ, got my all weather rubbers mats with red Scala logo, front and back, centre tunnel rubber guard, belt and braces when carrying the dog and mud guards for the front and rear, rear are a slightly different fixing to previous model and ends 5101A for new model. All in for 89.66 Euro delivered about £76.00 and much cheaper than buying here. 

I did have a Grey Mk 2 VW Golf Gti in the 90s and didnt mind that colour back then.

thats a good price for those mats and mud guards, does the car not come with any then? i didnt see them as an option either, I would of thought the mats would be standard?

Yes back in the 90’s it was a popular colour. I had a black Mk 5 GTI golf in metallic black which drove brilliantly and looked fantastic until it rained.

Bet you wished you still had your MK 2 now, good ones are an appreciating asset.

The car should come with carpet mats, which I will take out and store. Because we are out walking a lot with the dog it makes sense to have rubber all weather mats during the wetter times. The dealer said they would fit the mud flaps for me pre-delivery. The whole bundle was about half the price of in the UK. The guys at Skoda Parts are brilliant they check all the part numbers and reply to emails in perfect English, can’t fault them.