New 24 Scala Ordered today

Humphret

I have put in an order today for a New 24 Scala, to replace my previous Scala, I have been waiting for the new orders to open.

Scala SE L 116hp with Premium Winter Package, Assisted Drive Package & the Spare Wheel Kit.

I have taken the PCP route, but informed the dealer that I would be withdrawing from the agreement as soon as it is delivered. He said no problem, as it was a better deal than I would have got paying straight cash. Managed to wangle an extra £1k off the price as well as the Skoda £2250 deposit contribution.

Now it is the long wait for delivery quoting, between 5 - 8 months. So I will just have to wait & see.

I placed an order last Monday for the 1.5 Scala Monte Carlo, I went for a PCP agreement to.

I was quoted a 15 week lead time 

I got the 23 Scala with the wheel kit and I 'm so glad I did as I got a screw in a tyre yesterday.  I was able to change it and drive to a tyre place with relative ease. 

Good luck with the new model. I am jealous of the new for 24 power outlet up by the mirror which will make the addition of a dash cam quite simple.  I didn't get one in mine.  :sadsmile:   

21 hours ago, TTFun said:

I got the 23 Scala with the wheel kit and I 'm so glad I did as I got a screw in a tyre yesterday.  I was able to change it and drive to a tyre place with relative ease. 

Good luck with the new model. I am jealous of the new for 24 power outlet up by the mirror which will make the addition of a dash cam quite simple.  I didn't get one in mine.  :sadsmile:   

That is not quite true, to get the USB C point behind the rear view mirror you had to buy the charging pack for £350 which I wanted but you could not have it aswell as the Premium winter pack, so I opted for the premium winter pack only.

Thinking of ordering a new Scala Monte Carlo 1.5 DSG and using a PCP agreement. I am probably missing the obvious point here, but why would you cancel the agreement after you receive the vehicle? and what are the advantages of doing so?

20 hours ago, Revan said:

That is not quite true, to get the USB C point behind the rear view mirror you had to buy the charging pack for £350 which I wanted but you could not have it aswell as the Premium winter pack, so I opted for the premium winter pack only.

That's annoying.  It should be included as standard on all cars, given the use of dashcams.

I was quoted a 15 week lead time 

That is still 4 months, so not far off the various time frames they are quoting. Would be nice to get in June to coincide with my summer hols.

The reason I am cancelling the agreement is that in the old days I would have bought it cash. But you now get a very poor deal that way, by entering into the PCP and putting a 50% deposit with your trade in and Skoda contribution, which is in effect a discount from Skoda of £2250.

Withdrawing from the PCP agreement after a couple of days and paying the remaining 50% balance means that you only end up paying a few pounds in interest instead of thousands and you own the car outright straight away. If you paid say half the PCP off and settled after that you have already given VW finance a healthy amount of your money, the car companies want to keep you tied in to the never ending PCP cycle, as they are virtually guaranteed another new car sale. 

Thank you for the explanation. 

I have just returned from ordering my new Scala Monte Carlo 1.5 DSG. 
I am going to do the same thing as you suggested, got the £2250 contribution plus an extra £1000 off the cost.

Added a few packs plus towbar for our Thule bike rack and electric bikes. Dealer also sorting out a spare wheel/tire and some rubber mats.

Probably won’t see car until June.

I am going to have to let my pcp run as I won't be able to afford to pay off it all in one go soon as the pcp starts.

I did find the online build-your-own rather confusing and the lack of details left me none the wiser to which pack contained what.

I also wanted the Winter Premium Package along with the Wireless Charging Pack, not compatible apparently, so you have to delete one or the other, which means you cannot get the USB by the mirror for a dash cam. I have since found out if you order the Winter Premium Pack you actually get Wireless Charging included, according to the dealer. However, there is no way of getting the USB unless you stomp up £350 which is crazy.

I am also still not sure if the Winter Premium Pack contains rear seat heating, couldn’t find any info on this.

It would be very helpful if Skoda UK sorted out the online brochure for Scala and give us all the correct details, even the dealer was confused and couldn’t confirm exactly what each Pack contained. Not so Simply Clever.

New Scala Monte Carlo ordered and looking at getting some extra security. Has anyone fitted a Disklok to their steering wheel and if so what size is correct? I’m guessing Small or Medium. I know it has got to be able to freely spin to prevent anyone using the steering wheel.

I have been given build week 17 to on my one,

I am happy with that as I have a holiday in Scotland in mid May and expect to be doing 1000 miles, so don't really want that straight away on new car.

I will hopefully have mine before I have my Hols in June. And I won't need to bother getting this one serviced.

I still have one free service on my Leon as its on a service plan, its a shame they don't give refunds, I probably won't bother using it now. It was only last serviced in October.

Posted (edited)

Mines due for service in the middle of June, but if it is a matter of a week or so before delivery I will not be getting it done!

Edited by Humphret

I still haven’t heard back yet on my build week, hopefully it gets done in the last week of April for a June delivery as promised by Skoda.

One observation so far and rather annoying, is the lack of communication from my dealer. I have had to do all the chasing. When I did eventually get the confirmation order after 3 phone calls and emails, I noticed the colour was wrong and the variable floor was missing.

I have still not had confirmation on whether I get the wireless charging included or not compatible with the winter premium pack I ordered. Dealer thinks you do get it, although it’s not mentioned anywhere.

When it does arrive I am going to ask them to only wash it with clean water and blow air dry if possible. No polishing or harsh chemicals leaving swirls and scratches on my new car thank you.

The car is then going straight to a professional detailer to be ceramic coated on the paint work, alloys and glass protected. 
I was chatting to a local detailer last week who had spent 5 hours removing scratches and swirls on a brand new Mazda left by the so called  in house valeting team prior to collection. 

What colour cars did you guys go for? I went for the pearl black magic one, I did want the velvet red metallic but I did not want to pay the premium! 

I originally went for the graphite grey then saw JR Car Reviews video featuring the Velvet Red Monte Carlo, who has just posted his videos on here, and thought it looked amazing contrasting with the black details. I know it is a shed load of money and can’t understand why they charge such a premium compared to the Octavia in the same colour at £300 odd pounds. I had a GTI in Pearl Black and it looked fantastic until it rained. I’m getting mine treated on day one with a ceramic coat. Not letting the dealer valet near it. So many horror stories of scratches on brand new cars.

Yes I am getting the Monte Carlo myself and the pearl black might be a bit to much as you won't be able to make out the black details, will probably be to much black but hey ho

You’re right it is going to look very dark and very little contrasting. Better if they offered red door mirror caps and some other detailing to break up the black. Maybe you can find some accessories. 

I am going to have my brake callipers painted red when it goes in for its paint correction and ceramic coat, should  finish off the car nicely.

What packs did you include and what was your overall impression when ordering your car?

I only went for the spacesaver spare wheel and the Premium Winter Pack, i did want the charging pack to but you couldnt have it with the Winter pack.

I ordered my car through the same broker I used on my last car so found it all very easy and a good price to.

I was looking at the tyre sizes on the Monte Carlo and they are 205/45/18 seems to be a not very common size as when you look up new tyres for it you are limited to Goodyears at £169 per tyre! 

I would of thought they would of used 225/45 as thats what I have had on previous cars and make it handle a bit better, plus loads of range to choose from and can get them for £65 per tyre for a good brand.

I also went for the Winter Premium Pack and also wanted the wireless charging and USB in the rear view mirror housing. The online builder kept saying not compatible, which doesn’t make any sense. I asked the dealer and he told me a previous customer had asked the same question and Skoda had said it was possible. Because I have also ordered additional packs the salesman said he would check and get back to me, after a few reminder emails and phone calls still nothing from them. I am surprised how bad their communication is, so far the whole experience has been frustrating. I will report back if that is confirmed.

The tire size is a bit strange and does limit replacements in the future. I also ordered the space saver tire. The dealer said they could give me a new full size wheel and tire in exchange. 

If you value your new black paint work, prior to collection I would have a word with the in-house valet and ask them how they wash and prepare your car. Last week I popped into my local car detailer to get a price on paint correction and ceramic coating. I want to protect the Velvet Red from UVA and general road grim. He had a brand new black Mazda MX5 in the shop that had come straight from the dealer covered in swirls and scratches. He said he worked on it for 5 hours to remove the paint damage prior the applying a ceramic coat for the customer. He said dealerships have very little time to prepare cars properly and often damage the paint finish due to poor training and bad cleaning methods.