Škoda Favorit 1.9 TDI

I've stumbled on this. Here is something new.

The setup may output 200nm + of torque. It might surpass 1.8T conversions by torque output.

What do you think?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, R_Blue said:

The setup may output 200nm + of torque. It might surpass 1.8T conversions by torque output.

The weakest stock 1.8T has 210Nm of torque, which is same as stock TDI. I don't see a point of this conversion, heavier, weaker, same effort to get it in.

If they used a more modern PD unit, it'd be a different story

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, R_Blue said:

How about this one?

320Nm @ 1900rpm 😱

110kW ARL - that's one of PD engines I mentioned. Similar engine was used in Fabia RS.

8 minutes ago, R_Blue said:

I can't recognize which engine they used but, can Favorit handle that much torque?

The engine is an early TDI with rotary injection pump, used in MK3/MK4 golf. Those had 210-235Nm.

They swapped the gearbox, too, the weakest points are now driveshafts and car's body itself. 

Edited by Papez
  • Thanks 1

On 18/02/2024 at 18:51, Papez said:

the weakest points are now driveshafts and car's body itself. 

So if it was a PD engine it could end up like: (Not because of  those crashes but x3.2 of designed torque) 😀

But, it's good to see Favorits are still getting some attention for engine swaps. I hope the author on youtube completes their project and posts more videos about it.

9 hours ago, R_Blue said:

So if it was a PD engine it could end up like: (Not because of  those crashes but x3.2 of designed torque) 😀

The overall power is same or lower as 1.8T conversions, so it's not any worse than that 😃

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 20/02/2024 at 20:47, ChinaBoyZ31 said:

How they put the 1.9tdi VP gear box? What the mount need to use for the felicia pickup?

I'd like to know that too.