Oil light flashing red

Hey everyone, 

So i have this skoda octavia 2012 reg, and at first i had a coolant leak that i fixed and thermostat replaced, did it myself.  After that straight away the oil light came on flashing red. This was as soon as the engine temperature reached the optimal heat. I've changed the oil, filters, pressure switch(2 of them as the first one i bought from ECP was faulty) and that seemed to have been fixed. I drove for 2 days and the light popped up again but this time it's flashing only after 20 miles or so. Could it be again the pressure switch or as i read here in a thread could be the filter as well as all parts came from ECP or could be an electrical issue? 

I assume and i hope it could not be the pump and it's something cheaper and faster to fix but i can't figure it out what.

Please help

Don't risk it by driving, Could be a real fault such a blocked filter on the oil pick up in the sump.

What engine code? - typically four letters and shown on the label in the spare wheel area. What mileage?

Have you done an ecu fault code check again?

• Like 1

Hey Pikpilot, thanks for replying. 

We had checked on tester and nothing comes up,  has 160k miles 🫣 and I'll upload a pic with the label i found by the spare wheel.  Makes no sense tho as today the light didn't flashed... sometimes i can drive for 3 days without the light flashing red 🤦‍♂️🤷

20240221_201603.jpg

10 minutes ago, cotzo said:

today the light didn't flashed... sometimes i can drive for 3 days without the light flashing red

That has me wondering if a speck of carbon has got into the oil pressure sender capillary. Many moons ago my dad had similar symptoms on a Cortina mk3 following an oil change, and a new sender unit solved the issue.

@Paws4Thot I've changed 2 units already and the issue is still there. Maybe if i get a genuine one will solve the problem as i got them from euro car parts and they don't do genuine ones?