10 months update-Karoq sportline 1.5dsg

Jasethekaroq

Years ago, white was the no charge basic colour. Then it became too popular, so they changed it to something they thought most people would avoid. If energy blue (which is a flat colour and flat colours often go a bit matt over time), if energy blue becomes too popular then expect Skoda to replace it with something yukky. Maybe a flat brown or orange.

Ive noticed energy blue or similar on an Audi A3 and didn't look too bad. But looked awful on one of those large Audi SUVs. And suspiciously similar colour on a posh looking BMW saloon. So maybe Skoda is leading a fashion trend 😝

Edited by xman

On 02/03/2024 at 15:32, Rooted said:

@JohnArm   Even for Aberdeen Solid Grey cars is hardly the latest rage. 

NHS Beige very much is among drivers of some very expensive cars.

My karoq, which was bought used in Aberdeen is solid grey (primer). I don't particularly like the colour but I'm inside it looking out so don't see much of it. When I sold my white yeti I decided the next car wasn't going to be white again (3 white in a row), black, or anything in between. But when buying a used cat the condition, spec, history etc is more important than the colour, so grey it is!

• Like 2

I used to hate the meteor grey but find it quite appealing now. Not sure why Skoda abandoned some really nice colours, especially pastel shades, classic Skoda green (in metallic) and now they've ditched my standard goto colour cappuccino beige 👍

Some colours work better on some models than others.

I find the Monte Carlo two tone schemes and internal decor too much.

I can see the logic of not spending stupid money on a colour, if only it wasn't energy blue....

Edited by xman

I’ve travelled 2000 miles in my red 2021 Sportline since purchase in Feb and have yet to spot another Sportline here in Wales let alone a red one. Def the “lesser spotted” Karoq. My second Karoq the first was a 2019 SE and some odd deletions for the ‘21 Sportline - no removable boot light and boot hooks only on passenger side while full beam is not auto-dipping, the last point not a problem as I found auto dipping on the ‘19 SE a bit sluggish and random.

Looking at the Kamiq and Karoqs colours, in fact Skoda colours in general are bland compared with other manufacturers but I like the cars.

Choosing the right combo, spec etc is a task then the colour could be a compromise. Surprised that the past white which was standard (no extra) is now an added extra. I'm all done on silver cars, had two, latest for 10 years so that's a no no for the next one. Probably end up with white, can find plenty of blues, which are a no, no with me I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, MickA said:

Looking at the Kamiq and Karoqs colours, in fact Skoda colours in general are bland compared with other manufacturers but I like the cars.

Choosing the right combo, spec etc is a task then the colour could be a compromise. Surprised that the past white which was standard (no extra) is now an added extra. I'm all done on silver cars, had two, latest for 10 years so that's a no no for the next one. Probably end up with white, can find plenty of blues, which are a no, no with me I'm afraid.

Plain white is apparently no longer available. The only white is Moon White metallic.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, xman said:

Years ago, white was the no charge basic colour. Then it became too popular, so they changed it to something they thought most people would avoid. If energy blue (which is a flat colour and flat colours often go a bit matt over time), if energy blue becomes too popular then expect Skoda to replace it with something yukky. Maybe a flat brown or orange.

Ive noticed energy blue or similar on an Audi A3 and didn't look too bad. But looked awful on one of those large Audi SUVs. And suspiciously similar colour on a posh looking BMW saloon. So maybe Skoda is leading a fashion trend 😝

I believe the Audi flat blue differs from Energy Blue ?

On 01/03/2024 at 14:13, Jasethekaroq said:

Likes-

1. The colour
  2. Economy is good
  3. Performance is good above 20mph
  4. Spacious
  5. Comfortable
  6. Practical
  7. Panoramic roof
  8. Good to drive
  9. Standard specification, specifically

Dislikes-

1. Same panel rattle as I had on  last Karoq, passenger front door. Intermittent and only slightly annoying.
  2. DSG  box at low speed. Very sluggish gearbox.
  3. Although performance is good and more than adequate(for a 1.5 TSI engine)  I’ve been driving my wife’s Cupra Born V2 for the last two weeks, I haven’t driven the Karoq until today when she decided she wanted to use her own car…bit cheeky!). Getting back into the Karoq I do miss the power and urgency of the Cupra.
  4. Nothing else

I had the same rattle, passenger door. I had to remove the trim as that rattle was driving me nuts! It was a broken fixing for the wire that runs from the handle, not sure what part number it is but I know it is white in colour. I didn't buy a new assembly to replace it (not expensive but a hassle to swap) but used a thin stainless wire to secure it in place and no more rattle.

Try to press the door near handle while  driving and see if it makes the rattle dissapear.

I have another rattle that comes from dashboard, somewhere from above the steering wheel, near speedometer (under) and at the upper dashboard shelf, no idea what it is but it only appears around 1500 rev/min! Annoying,very!

Does anybody know what it can be and how I can fix it?

I like your car colour! And I guess newer Karoq does have a better fuel economy compared to older model, as I am getting about 36mpg in mixed driving. 

14 minutes ago, pinkpanther said:

I believe the Audi flat blue differs from Energy Blue ?

I think you're right looking here I see Audi no charge colours include White and Black.

The blue I saw on the Audi A3 was a £575 option Turbo Blue, yuk.

It is all personal preference of course, but I think the 'Sport Blue' (I think it's called) is the 'best' colour:

Image 4 of 51

Not a fan of red cars. 'Moon White' is a complete no-no (just looks dull). Black cars look great when they are cleaned and polished, then you drive them down the road and they look dirty again. the 'Meator Grey' looks like a dull undercoat that they forgot to put a proper colour on. Silver is just 'meh'. I do like the Business Grey but 'Race Blue' is absolutely my favourite.  

As used car buyer I never have the option of choosing the colour its always right version and spec first, then hope it is in a colour I like. the stars aligned for me when I got my Karoq! 

• Like 1

Red is my 2nd favourite Karoq colour and your's looks really good with everything else black.  I really wanted my MY2019 1.0SE Tech DSG to be in creamy white, but had no choice but to accept the metallic red car they offered (& pay quite a bit extra) as that was the only one still available, with no more 1.0 DSGs coming into the country.

White has 2 practical advantages as well as looking good to my eyes - it's the most visible colour to other motorists, so just a little less suscepible to collisions and it reflects a bit more of the sun's heat away in summer.  Grey is probably the worst colour for visibility, particularly if driven without lights, but some of the more subtle non metallic greys I reckon do look rather smart.  White's downside is it probably needs washing more frequently & I do seem to be getting away with doing that just 2-3 times a year nowadays with my red car - I'm not proud.

I could black out the grill surround and paint the wheels and mirrors black and people would then think I'm driving around in a Sportline too, except the 16" steel wheels with high profile tyres are a giveaway.

• Love it! 1