No wet cambelts at all.

Only wet belt is a small oil pump belt in the 1.6/2.0 EA288 diesels, located in the sump and not known to give any problems.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I think I have seen an image posted on this forum which looked like the oil pump belt was a toothed one - can someone confirm?

Posted (edited)

Yes, the oil pump is driven by a toothed belt . There have been a few cases of failed belts ( missing teeth or ruptured completely )  which led to low/no oil pressure ( that's very bad ), but only after 180-200k km.  It is advised to change the oil pump belt along with the camshaft cover and bearing when changing the timing kit ( as you need to remove the timing kit to access the camshaft cover and oil pump belt ). 

Edited by MadalinT
grammar error
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Madalin T,  this 2017 Kodiaq 2.0 4x4 I have bought from the original owner from new has a full supplying main dealer service history with cam belt and water pump being renewed at 71k miles. Current miles is just 74500 miles. I should be fine given the low mileage and history.

Reason for asking is I was reading about the Ford Ecoboost engines which are a disaster because of the oil pump wet belt setup.

Yes, you should be good.

My old '19 Superb 2.0 TDI was leaking coolant from the water pump and I went ahead and changed the timing kit + water pump and also did the oil pump belt as it is quite easy once the timing belt is off. 

There were no debris in the oil sump and the oil pump belt was in good condition with no wear signs. The car had ~85k miles ( 136k kms ) . 

Cheers!

• Like 1