MIB3 Update OTA 0330

I had a message 2 days ago while stopped at traffic lights saying that an update was available for my system to 0330.

There was a page of "improvements" and I clicked update to continue.

As soon as I started driving the screen popped a message saying "some functionality is not available while the vehicle is in motion" & then returned to the navigation.

After 2 days the system is still SW version 0324 & I am unable to see any updates available if I go to Settings->System->Update Software.

Any ideas how to get back the option for the upgrade?

I was particularly interested in the improvements for the rear view camera.

The OTA system seems very poorly implemented in the MIB3...

It seems as though patience is needed, young Padawan...

I was presented with this scary message today. "Get out and make sure nobody is left inside" 

PXL_20240307_162511811.jpg

24 minutes ago, Gabbo said:

It seems as though patience is needed, young Padawan...

I was presented with this scary message today. "Get out and make sure nobody is left inside" 

PXL_20240307_162511811.jpg

Maybe it's going to Alpha Centauri at warp 9 for the update.😄

Edited by Warrior193
add emoticon

I am also a little bit.

The car is only 3 months old so I kind of expected it to already have the final SW and there to be no more updates except for the maps...

Mine just did this update. As said, a few scary messages and it took it a few days, but I am now on 330. I have yet to notice any differences though!

I was hoping the rear view camera update might improve the refresh rate and usability at startup.

It was really jerky before & difficult to follow clearly.

It seemed fine this morning but I'll have to give it a few days to see if it's really better.

The release now were quite vague in their information

I’ll check that. I think it has also fixed the annoying issue with Apple CarPlay where on startup it would be connected, then it would disconnect after 30 secs or so, then eventually reconnect. This morning it seemed to remain connected.

9 hours ago, Gabbo said:

I was hoping the rear view camera update might improve the refresh rate and usability at startup.

It was really jerky before & difficult to follow clearly.

It seemed fine this morning but I'll have to give it a few days to see if it's really better.

The release now were quite vague in their information

Usuability of RVC right after startup (when the car was "sleeping") was already improved much a few firmware versions back.

On older ones it took ages for the camera image to show up.

Apologies for butting in on this forum ( I've never had a Superb ) but I may be able to shed some light...

There was a similar type of update on my Kodiaq MIB3 some months ago. What I noticed in the update notes was something about over-the-air updates being actioned without the need to stop driving.  I'm guessing that's what the above update is refering to. When the system has updated, from now on future OTA updates will give you three options when a future update is available - Cancel, update later, update now. Chose the latter and you can continue driving whist the update takes place. 

• Like 2

Is the MIB3 still available in any current models?

I'd assumed that future updates would be thin as the latest system is the VW like unit with a standup display & touch sensitive volume slider....

On the Superb, there was a changlog given on the MIB3 when the update was offered.

From memory there were three buttons, update now, cancel & release notes but I didn't find a way to get these back or find them online

• Like 1

I would say the same over the last few days since the update.

The rear view cameras refresh rate is now stable whilst the system is booting up during the first minute or so.

Previously it was very jerky and hard to view what was really in view as you were moving.

On 18/03/2024 at 23:03, nicknorman said:

For me the best fix is the Apple Carplay that doesn't disconnect 30 secs or so after starting, then reconnect.

I didn't have this problem but talking with my colleague whos car arrived a few months before mine he has this issue.

I told him to try to start the update to see if  it removes the behaviour.

• Like 1