High RPM Idle?

Hello all. 

glad to see the weather getting relatively better in London. It was a good 15-18°c today so it was nice to drive with the windows down a bit. 

my Fabia 1.2 BMD engine has a slightly high idle. Wondering if anyone has any pointers to try and figure out what could be causing it. 

The idle was at about 800-950 

On startup, when warmed up and during drives. 

the temp gauge is always just a bit over the halfway 90. And gets there fairly quick. 

Any pointers are appreciated. 

1 hour ago, SpotnikHTP04 said:

Wondering if anyone has any pointers to try and figure out what could be causing it.

I've some notions, but would want a VCDS reading.

What’s the cheapest entry to this device? 

Ive seen mentions of it around all the time, just not sure what to pickup exactly. 

I also have a MacBook so no windows around me, although i could use a program to emulate(?) the windows and use my laptop or will i not need that at all.

Thanks mate

4 hours ago, SpotnikHTP04 said:

What’s the cheapest entry to this device? 

Ive seen mentions of it around all the time, just not sure what to pickup exactly. 

I also have a MacBook so no windows around me, although i could use a program to emulate(?) the windows and use my laptop or will i not need that at all.

Thanks mate

You'd need to install Windows and use bootcamp on your Mac to run VCDS.

• 2 weeks later...