Boot Light/Open Issue?

I noticed the other day that my interior lights in the boot did not come on. They aren't blown, as I took the bulbs and put it in the glove box which does come on and they both work. Tested the plugs with a light/circuit tester and it lights up, so there is power to it, however testing it with the boot lock mechanism in locked position they're still powered. I'm not sure if this is normal or not I would assume it would close connection when it thinks it is locked and come on when open?

I also noticed that when they tailgate is open it does not display that it is open on the instrument cluster like it does when the doors are open? 

Any ideas, I'm a little  confused. Besides that, everything else works as it should.

Also if the tailgate is not shut properly the alarm will chirp to let me know.... So I am baffled, it seems to work so I am unsure on what the problem is. any help would be appreciated. 

Edited by TheJooooosh

I've also tested having the tailgate open, whilst the car is running. Handbrake off... no tailgate open warning. Like when the car is locked with it open, all doors and seatbelt warnings work, just not tailgate.

Seems it just doesn't know the tailgate is open when it is, and the lights don't work in the boot. Very odd....?

7 hours ago, TheJooooosh said:

Seems it just doesn't know the tailgate is open when it is, and the lights don't work in the boot. Very odd....?

There's a microswitch builtin to the boot lock which tells the boot is open and turns on the lights - sounds like either the wiring to it is faulty, or  microswitch is faulty or has gone out of adjustment.

• Like 1

Maybe I've knocked it when installing rear dash came and reverse camera possibly.... However I've never noticed till opening the tailgate at night which I don't often do. 

I'll take a look

Boot micro switch. 

Mine got water ingress. I just snipped the wire instead of spending £250 on a new

lock assembly. 

12 minutes ago, gm73 said:

Boot micro switch. 

Mine got water ingress. I just snipped the wire instead of spending £250 on a new

lock assembly. 

I installed an aliexpress reverse camera boot switch. It functions as it should, everything works just the lights in the boot and maxidot not displaying it is open. 

What wire would need to be snipped for those functions to work again? 🤔

On 20/03/2024 at 18:20, TheJooooosh said:

I installed an aliexpress reverse camera boot switch. It functions as it should, everything works just the lights in the boot and maxidot not displaying it is open. 

What wire would need to be snipped for those functions to work again? 🤔

One of the brown ones. There’s two. I can’t remember which one sorry.