New generation steering wheel swap

I have a Skoda Superb 2015 L&K and had desire to install a new sport 3 spoke steering wheel from new Skoda :)

Parts:

1. Steering wheel from Skoda Octavia A8, bought used, like new ~93 EUR

2. Airbag from Skoda Octavia A8, like new ~185 EUR

3. Steering Wheel Plaque / Badge (5E3419685G041 — black, 5E3419685FDPJ — SportLine) cars-equipment For 2 spoke wheel it's different

4. Lin adapter

I know two solutions one is from cars-equipment 200 EUR

and another one that I bought with ability to code some buttons like TravelAssist, now twice cheaper then first one

Removal is very simple, turn wheel to 90 degree and unplug with short screwdriver; and then from another side.

Disconnect battery. 

IMG_7159(1).jpeg.e6b54c9ab87c569cae9233d9facbef07.jpeg

IMG_7182(1).jpeg.417ca82343bbcc934b4b9e395d44a083.jpeg

Need spline

IMG_7185(1).jpeg.075f8a6a19a1901d736bcce817896829.jpeg

New one with Lin adapter

IMG_7189(1).jpeg.83f4d35cfd816d176dcb1322e5257dcb.jpeg

Final result

IMG_8928.jpeg.45f19185c235c35a8ccf9cf5101731bf.jpeg

All buttons work except TravelAssist(top right), because 2015 Superb doesn't have it. But I switched it to Phone by changing coding.

More photos:

IMG_7177 (1).jpeg

IMG_7175.jpeg

IMG_7219.jpeg

Edited by zacko_O
  • Like 4

Very good thread and guide.

the only thing id note is the main screw for the steering wheel. Don’t put fresh loctite on it! The correct method is to mark the face of it with a centre punch and refit with no fresh loctite. The screw is good for 5 reuses (a centre punch per reuse) and only after that does it need replacing.

and have you got a link to the codable cheaper lin adapter?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ApertureS said:

Very good thread and guide.

the only thing id note is the main screw for the steering wheel. Don’t put fresh loctite on it! The correct method is to mark the face of it with a centre punch and refit with no fresh loctite. The screw is good for 5 reuses (a centre punch per reuse) and only after that does it need replacing.

and have you got a link to the codable cheaper lin adapter?

I have few, I will publish on marketplace soon. As already mentioned on the forum adapters are from Russia

10 hours ago, zacko_O said:

I have few, I will publish on marketplace soon. As already mentioned on the forum adapters are from Russia

Please provide a link

I see a lot of questions how to make work heated wheel button work:

Climate - Coding - [LO]_Heated_steering_wheel_version => "[VO]_LRH_Gen_2_mod" or "[VO]_LRH_Gen_2_mod_with_longpush"

In case you have a clock spring with heated wheel option.

If you're capable, you can create you're own adaptor very cheaply. Much like this person has: https://wirer.sk/o3_volant22-modul/

Should be doable for £20-30 by the looks. More info from the codes creator here: https://github.com/GabrielMastny/Skoda_2021MUFUSteeringWheel_Converter/blob/main/README.en.md

I don't have any first hand experience but it all looks simple enough...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm thinking of doing this on Octavia 3 -2015, the lin adapter that is specially needed is the same for Superb and Octavia?

1 hour ago, Alin_C said:

I'm thinking of doing this on Octavia 3 -2015, the lin adapter that is specially needed is the same for Superb and Octavia?

yeah, same one for  Octavia 3/Superb 3/Kodiaq/Karoq

• Like 1