Plastic cap missing for AC Gas Refill

Does anyone know how to find the part number for this rather insignificant part? It is the plastic cap which is supposed to cover the ac refiller hose.

Btw is there a site with an exploded view of parts for the MK3 Skoda Octavia, so that one could find the part number for these kind of things?

image.thumb.png.ab5128d9beb87801ca359a8f26137ab7.png

No problem.

As you've probably seen, not only can you navigate up/down the parts menus there to find out anything you like, but they also sell genuine parts at very decent prices.

• Love it! 1

59 minutes ago, Breezy_Pete said:

No problem.

As you've probably seen, not only can you navigate up/down the parts menus there to find out anything you like, but they also sell genuine parts at very decent prices.

That plastic cap is £14.92😖

• Haha 2

£17.25 + VAT at a Skoda parts counter. (for 3C0820581, not sure if that's the one the OP needs).

Bet you can get an aftermarket one for 50p!

1 minute ago, Breezy_Pete said:

£17.25 + VAT at a Skoda parts counter. (for 3C0820581, not sure if that's the one the OP needs).

Or use a bit of sticky tape.

I will contact my local dealer to see what they will charge me for this, but since I am driving the past 1-2 years with very little invested in the car (it serves me well) I might treat it with a 17£ plastic cap. 😊 

• Crying 2

5 hours ago, Breezy_Pete said:

I'll raise you downwards to 30p including postage from China!

Well 30p each if you buy 10 of them!

5 hours ago, ords said:

Or use a bit of sticky tape.

They do actually have an important function aside from stopping dust which may cause the valve to leak after the next refill, if the valve core does leak the caps have a seal inside and are rated to stop any leakage of system pressure.

Go to any fast fit tyre depot and you will find dozens of them forming a commune on the AC recharge machine, just like the wheel centre caps on the tyre changing machines!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I'll raise you downwards to 30p including postage from China!

Well 30p each if you buy 10 of them!

They do actually have an important function aside from stopping dust which may cause the valve to leak after the next refill, if the valve core does leak the caps have a seal inside and are rated to stop any leakage of system pressure.

Go to any fast fit tyre depot and you will find dozens of them forming a commune on the AC recharge machine, just like the wheel centre caps on the tyre changing machines!

Ok, maybe that's why they are the price they are.

Nah, its opportunism!

• Cheeky 1