Ordered new VRS... Should I have done or waited?

Hey, Very excited to be joining the club!

Ordered a new VRS about 3 weeks ago, and have been given a 3-4month lead. Given how long the new Superb has been sat at "Coming Soon" (seems to have been a long time so far), I wasn't initially worried given how long it would likely be for the new VRS. I've just seen this week gone that the current Octavia is no longer available for order, and many news outlets saying the new one is due for late 2024.

Does anyone have any idea how long the cars sit as "Coming soon", and then how long the lead time is on the new models? If its going to be a month or two after delivery, then that would be frustrating, but if its 6mo-1yr, then less so. Have I made a mistake ordering and not waiting? The powertrain and options list on the new one appears to be quire a bit better, and I suspect I could still cancel the order without any penalty.

2 hours ago, TheWanderer said:

3-4 months is pretty good going considering that some of us had to wait a year! 

Your car should be the new spec.

If they end up producing the new spec, how does that work in terms of options? Looking at reviews, they’ve changed a few bits and bobs (and indeed the powertrain is rather different)

Well if you have ordered it and selected options, then the dealer will put the order through and then if they're not/no longer available then they'll contact you, but I would have thought that as they've taken the order and it has been accepted then you'll get what you asked for and probably with the new more powerful engine to boot. 

Ordered mine 28th February. Skoda apparently stopped taking orders a couple of days later.  Was advised a week later that it had been assigned week 15 build. Dealer has advised again this week that it is a week 15 build with delivery approx 4 weeks after. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sandroalfagt said:

Ordered mine 28th February. Skoda apparently stopped taking orders a couple of days later.  Was advised a week later that it had been assigned week 15 build. Dealer has advised again this week that it is a week 15 build with delivery approx 4 weeks after. Fingers crossed.

Wow that’s very quick -  I ordered mine the day after, they were saying about 12 weeks, but I’ve got no build week as yet. How do you feel about ordering the pre facelift?

Not that keen on the way the new front looks, with no fog lights it seems a bit bulky. Fog lights are now integrated into the new matrix headlights. Also there are apparently updates to (or completely new) software. After the problems the last time VW introduced new software, I would rather not be used as a test-bed.

Have Skoda accepted the order, as in the factory have accepted it?

I thought they were just selling off stock now, no more pre-FL built to order. But don't quote me, that's based on chit chat at the dealer - nothing official.

Posted (edited)

That would explain why they were so eager to push the order through that day… was told that systems are busy when the dealer contribution deal ends.

I wonder if I’m worth pulling the plug on it(which it reads like I can do) and waiting… if it takes as long as the superb has to arrive then I’m happy to stay put with the current order, but it looks like the Superb is an entire platform update, where this seems like a very minor facelift. 

Edited by bdavbdav

Again just personal opinion but I don't think the FL models will realistically be on UK roads until the autumn.

If that doesn't bother you, then go for it. I had a similar wobble in February when seeing the FL launch but knew I wanted a car for this year rather than next.