How to hold the false floor in the boot up

After 3 years of ownership it finally hit me how to hold the false floor in the boot up!

The parcel shelf hooks have dual purpose - to latch the parcel shelf to the boot lid and also to hold the false floor.

At last, I no longer need to hold it with my head so that my hands are free to pull out things 😅🙈

IMG_6685.jpg

• Like 2

Smart!

Just need a similar device on mine, with solid parcel shelf instead of retractable soft shelf.☹️

I still haven’t been able to remove it - think it’s been glued into place. Just too frightened of it breaking, to give it a good whack to shift it🙄

If you open the tailgate you'll see how the shelf locates (I'm sure you've done this) and it's a matter of giving it thump with the flat of the hand each side and the shelf will detach (not forgetting the strings). Refitting, you put the rearmost cutouts onto the location lugs first, then the forward cutouts otherwise it's very difficult to fit. Hope that makes sense. 

• Like 1