Servicing

Hi

Previous posts have outline the servicing maintenance guidelines for my car and after failing plugs and coils which are now fixed: I realised that the dealership, if on the basic service won’t highlight work to me work required as I expected. I am a service plan and not a customer; that’s my take on it so going back to my local garage. 
 Now taking charge now of my  cars destiny regarding servicing/ maintenance.  I tend to keep it for a long time. 
My car is a dsg Octavia SE technology petrol 1.0 litre.  2019 so over 4 years last July 2023
I can now see brake fluid replacement is over due which I am going to do via local garage but on schedule DSG oil states 40000 miles or 4 years…as car is only at 23,500 miles- I feel to change now may be a waste of money? 
Any opinions here ? 

DSG on a 1.0 is the dry clutch variant (dq200) with no official service requirements. They can be serviced but you will need to find somewhere that knows about it. If you've been told it's a 40k service by a garage, don't take it there as they clearly don't know the car.

• Like 1

Thanks good to know.  Had looked at the general service /maintenance guides only which just says DSG.

Appreciate info and can rest easy.  Just the brake fluid to change.

cheers 

Brake Fluid replacement was @ 3 years then each 2.

Now on newer cars back to @2 years and each 2.     As it was back about 14 years ago.

For Dealers income since they no longer get the Gooses Golden egg from Cam belt changes. 

Henrys Tech could have tested the Brake Fluid for H2o content.

They might on their own cars, or friends, or just change it.   For customers the SERVICE DESK staff know little about cars.   They are employed because of the lack of mechanical engineering knowledge.

Some because of poor memory from one customer experience to the next.   Everyday is a learning day, each next day they forgot what the learned the day before.

Do not expect them to know a DQ381, DQ250 or a DQ200.   Even more so a sales executive...

• Like 1

Late to the party, but just to say we have the same DQ200 DSG in our Polo.  We've had the car seven years, it's at 51,000 miles, the DSG has not been serviced (nor will it be) and has been faultless throughout.

Gaz

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Gaz said:

Late to the party, but just to say we have the same DQ200 DSG in our Polo.  We've had the car seven years, it's at 51,000 miles, the DSG has not been serviced (nor will it be) and has been faultless throughout.

Gaz

Mines on 65,000 miles.  Only had the recall work done on it.  Faultless.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rooted said:

@ords  Did your DQ200 not come up under the Service Campaign / Recall Action started in 2017 on some from 2013-2015 which was a Software Update.

'34H5'?

Or did it and you chose not to have it done? 

Yes. I did have it done. That's what I meant by the recall.

• Thanks 1

Sorry i misread that. ta. 

There was no Recall though was there.  If your car was not getting Main Dealer Servicing or they did not have you on the system there was no letters to the Registered keeper was there.  Or was there letters? 

Edited by Rooted
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rooted said:

Sorry i misread that. ta. 

There was no Recall though was there.  If your car was not getting Main Dealer Servicing or they did not have you on the system there was no letters to the Registered keeper was there.  Or was there letters? 

Used the wrong term.  No letter, just told about it when it went in for a service at a main dealer. Should have been a recall in my opinion to avoid more expensive claims for damaged gearboxes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1