Memory seat not working!

I have just bought a Superb 2016 L&K and did a VCDS scan and  I have a problem with my drivers memory seat not working I have fault codes which I shall show below. I have gone into advanced measurements for the memory seat and have tested which buttons are active. The memory control switch has four buttons Set, 1, 2, 3. pressing button Set does nothing pressing button 1 I get active on 2 in the measurement list, pressing 2 occasionally is seen as active in 2 on the measurement list and pressing 3 I get active on 4 in the measurement list. I have taken apart the switch and put it it back together but no change. I am guessing a defective switch? I have tried moving the seat fully forwards , backwards and every other way and that changed nothing. Whatever button I push nothing happens ,tried to save to memory but again nothing. I had these fault codes when I first did a scan after buying the car and I cleared all codes before scanning again.

Address 36: Seat Mem. Drvr       Labels: None
Control Module Part Number: 5Q0 959 760 A    HW: 5Q0 959 760 A
  Component and/or Version: Sitzmemory    H06 0009
           Software Coding: 001000000000000001A081808080000000008181000000F4
            Work Shop Code: WSC 00000 000 00000
              ASAM Dataset: EV_SeatMemorDriveSide 001015 (SK48)
                       ROD: EV_SeatMemorDriveSide_001.rod
                      VCID: 3B2320EFC3E56DB23A1-806E
7 Faults Found:

9655636 - Motor for Seat Fore/Aft Adjustment
          B1355 54 [00001000] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 4
                    Fault Frequency: 1
                    Reset counter: 172
                    Mileage: 45192 km
                    Date: 2024.03.31
                    Time: 01:23:42

9655892 - Motor for Seat Backrest Adjustment
          B1356 54 [00001000] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Reset counter: 176

9655380 - Motor for seat height adjustment
          B1354 54 [00001001] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
          Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
             Freeze Frame:
                    Reset counter: 130

9655124 - Motor for Seat Tilt Adjustment
          B1353 54 [00001001] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
             Freeze Frame:
                    Date: 2000.00.00
                    Time: 00:00:00

9654868 - Motor for Lumbar Support Fore/Aft Adjustment
          B1352 54 [00001001] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
             Freeze Frame:

9654612 - Motor for Lumbar Support Height Adjustment
          B1351 54 [00001001] - Missing Calibration / Basic Setting
             Freeze Frame:

10489856 - No Basic Setting
          B2010 00 [00001001] - -
          [keine oder falsche Grundeinstellung/Adaption]
             Freeze Frame:
                    Fault Priority: 7
                    Date: 2000.00.00
                    Time: 00:00:00
Edited by j.hanratty

Have you tried a reset? It might work.
Make the seat go all the way forward.
When it stops, push the switch forward again; it’ll go forward a few mm and the stop again.

Do the same for reversing the seat. 
Set the seat in the position you want, press the “Set” button and then button 1. You should get a confirmation bong. 

A full basic setting is needed of the seat,

this can be done with vcds, you then need to ‘norm’ each movement by moving it to its extreme limits.

After this memory functions will work again, memory functions will not work if there are any basic setting faults.

(also the module is massively out of date and there is an updated software relating to this fault)

Thanks, I shall try a full basic setting with a reset of all the movements which I had tried without the basic resetting on VCDS. When you say a full basic setting, what does that entail just the basic settings or do any other settings need to be done?

It had a service with Skoda in January 2021and surely they would have applied any software updates then. Skoda had it in for a service on 20/3/2019 also and I see the software update for this problem was released on the 7/2/2019 and surely one of those times they did it. Is there anyway of checking?

5 hours ago, j.hanratty said:

It had a service with Skoda in January 2021and surely they would have applied any software updates then. Skoda had it in for a service on 20/3/2019 also and I see the software update for this problem was released on the 7/2/2019 and surely one of those times they did it. Is there anyway of checking?

The software update is based on user complaint - not just as part of a service or any other work.

I can see from your software number it’s not been done, but certain versions needed a replacement model as they were too old for the update, yours may or may not be in that TPI

• Like 1

So I should try a full basic settings and go from there. Is that back to factory settings as I see I have three options? Thanks for all your help.

12 minutes ago, j.hanratty said:

So I should try a full basic settings and go from there. Is that back to factory settings as I see I have three options? Thanks for all your help.

It may be called standardisation or norming or just basic setting, it will automatically move the seat so dont be sitting in it at the time!

Posted (edited)

Did the norming process (all axes) and it finished correctly and no change so back to the car dealer and he can try and sort it! Thanks for all your help.

Edited by j.hanratty

There were three options: Return to factory setting, Norming, Reset Standardization. Should I have done one of the others before Norming? Sorry to keep asking but i don't want to alter anything I can't reverse.

Posted (edited)

Researching this Return to factory setting is a no go as it looks like it disables the seat.

Edited by j.hanratty

Based on your existing unit being H06, you probably need a replacement fitting.

Get it booked in to a dealer - at least for the Octavia it's TPI 2049942/3 :)

• Like 2

I'm taking it back to the dealer (non Skoda) who sold it to me and they can verify that it's not working. It looks like 5Q0959760F is the latest controller to replace it, and I know it needs programming to my VIN but wondering does it come preprogrammed when bought from a Skoda parts department? I know the garage I bought it from wouldn't be able to programme it but could install and reset it it if preprogrammed. Thanks again for all the help.

20 hours ago, j.hanratty said:

I'm taking it back to the dealer (non Skoda) who sold it to me and they can verify that it's not working. It looks like 5Q0959760F is the latest controller to replace it, and I know it needs programming to my VIN but wondering does it come preprogrammed when bought from a Skoda parts department? I know the garage I bought it from wouldn't be able to programme it but could install and reset it it if preprogrammed. Thanks again for all the help.

Nope sorry it comes blank and will need programming with Odis sorry.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

In the end it will be the dealer I bought it from's problem to sort out. Interesting that they do a pre-programmed unit from a Slovakian company and I wouldn't know how genuine they are but they look ok. If someone was buying one and didn't want the cost of programming. https://www.oemvwshop.com/5q0959760f-control-unit-for-seat-and-backrest-adjustment-p2564749/ Thanks again for your help.

Edited by j.hanratty