ECU removal

2 hours ago, TonyNew said:

@Crasher the RAC bloke said most of his calls are down to faulty ECU's said its a common issue for them to packup all the time???

He is a muppet, I can quite believe that he tells that to everybody whose car he cannot get going or diagnose the fault, I can believe that he even believes it his-self but how would he ever know how the problems were eventually resolved?

I can not know either but I would bet every centime that I have to my name that he is talking sh1te.

• Like 1

I think they only use a dolly for short trips?? But I think I'm gonna go for the new battery 

could be a quick fix if not should be able to take it back. 

If it doesn't start get it neutral get get it recovered back home then I know an auto technician and take it from there

Thanks for all your help everyone I now have a plan thanks to your comments.

Out of interest why is it bad to tow a DSG in Neutral ?  I'd of thought that in neutral neither of the dual clutch input shafts would be turning, so I'm interested why it would matter ?

On 12/04/2024 at 16:42, TonyNew said:

@Crasher what battery do you recommend - I have search on google but a range of batteries are coming up for my reg from 50amps to 70 amps I assume the 70 is best

ALL modern batteries are ****, Varta has gone to the dogs as has Bosch, I have no idea what to recommend, as for the size, I need the VIN.

2 minutes ago, Crasher said:

ALL modern batteries are ****

Are there any you would suggest as perhaps "least worst"?

Halfords battery, 4 year warranty, can't argue with that and "if" they do fail which is very rare, they swap them no questions asked.

Halfords also supply Yuasa, those have a 5 year warranty.

• Like 1

So I got a Yuasa 3000 which is 71ah 680A EN 3 years warranty from GFS Parts in East Grinstead £87.00 (10%off) this was the nearest battery I could get yesterday that matched the spec of the battery I have which is a Varta 70ah 680A EN.

• Like 1

So I went to the car - I wish I had tried to start it before I did anything but I didn't.

So tried to get the car out of Park as per the instructions in the owners book

image.png.5c4fdec34b57872701b652960ff3b23d.png

but I couldn't find this yellow plastic part?? all I could see was a light blue button at the top of the gearbox housing which I managed to push down (went forward) but couldn't get it out of park but I did feel the shifter move slightly.

AP1GczOVafBQpj5rYB6c_aWYOA4vxWgdPuz9JRfxDCE3Dcwbilj6m_VRHT3_NVEqKU5AYUz1FAK2i2X4WTk7jATP8d_oXE453r22_Ef0GMyLh_mAYlriTPAeK1AuFY-4Gu1-VaJmtDpImFaWXZmZcq-P7TPAFHSdcF0x7_x8ewrfa4_pPxvTtxHMHPTDRq5Hl2r93B8jV9i0-Yx-HJFdZJh64UHaL5VqQiRb4-6SA4TJD138mw42EuOLeqE6egybc0zlJ9mSlQNOJzrgU398UnsLeIlW6cjN52dOKpa0nDywPxB3H_Iik-VWpm_z4SohtfuAH5j6niM4E6EueAmPXtcEtN0n2jNhPWczeDMvKogffQOpvkXK889iSlkS_OBVeBdD_Oxuia5Rxffwe0Himexka6r0xuKmES0w6sr2k9clucPU4j1BnVDU4a5Rr28C8wZ7_9yvPENaxeO5KgbCC6dridam8icw2I2H2RiEknoxlZEh35AF3eRFkGXCXpNE_sGrFf0BohZJWUYx5B6sxKfHQ3CVeKXiphadM9RptLKdoH_n5WMqWvVshSdRDHNBr9IVKm1akoEiO58EvFNb1lDwZKzfTCcHtIbGE7DnIypQH_8Gm3SfmYjRbyZAMVXnznmBxO-BPKmHibEjRY8LgsqNatXW5KCUT8AsZhaCJgv1hik15yjU_-vsVX7K-3_BlASN47BPWkFvC5tg_NYJ0NpK26lmT7A7mIx4R31QbZvBNJX-S3XghlPj_PDNJD0KvkVofkCZrSAIeqtvpl6iTHoggxkgxQaKx-7sQAbM8-tarYaT8vQ6aY6LLVzUPkGmm13c6NMRdK-GeVtfN2lgd8mjqPk7Esf_aJj7a8PFfnN4G21NKcvDY4LOK8X2t2H2BRzMPVijyeBvgNC7oQnv9xwpqCkU7yUih1LR7hCW_NHQvZzs6PhgT9-PMWS_gaUl=w754-h769-s-no-gm?authuser=0

So I then though perhaps the ignition should be on as well? So turned the ignition on didn't get the fault EPS up as I was on Friday when switching on the ignition. 

So I tried and it started on the button no lights or faults reported on the dash drove home fine no issues. I wander if it could be an issue with the shifter, so when I stopped and put it in park it didn't hit park properly and still thought it was in gear??  If anyone has any thoughts on this.

Scanned it with VCDS when I got back loads of codes on first scan cleared them and just I the one fault which I have had since owning the car i have uploaded if you want to take a look.

Log-LL10XYB-TMBFP65J8B3050768-1st scan.txt Log-LL10XYB-TMBFP65J8B3050768-2nd scan after clearing codes.txt

The Yuasa 3000 is OK, the 5000 and 9000 are absolutely dire, the 5000 is THE most unreliable battery we have ever fitted, every single one we sold failed. @TonyNew the genuine number for yours is 000 915 105 DE and using TecDoc this cross references to a Yuasa YBX 3027 therefore using the old British Battery Manufactures Association system it is a 027

87c54196677e1d2c645a457ef9ca9eeab4f12848

• Like 1

Well luckily didn't have to use the battery so we return it during the week. But will bear in mind when I need to replace it cheers.