Add aftermarket ambient light

Hi to all, octavia 2019 i want to add ambient ligth kit

I have tested them on the bench and they work very well. I convinced myself to install them.

I need to understand which wires to connect the various control units to to prevent the battery from running down.

The main one must be connected to a fuse under the steering wheel. Advice?

Which wire in the doors?

image.png.b914c7cb0c833ebf3b3e74ed8422a28d.png

Spoiler

An OEM kit would connect to permanent power, ground and lin-bus. Probably sharing a fuse with other ambient lighting. 

I have zero idea what an aftermarket kit would connect to. What do they instructions say...?

At a guess it'll want either permanent or switched power and earth. The latter will stop any battery drain but they'll only work with the ignition on.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I added a kit like this to my 2018 Octavia SEL. I wired them into the window switch light and the footwell to the ashtray light. Been over 1year no issues at all. Any questions DM me

IMG_9193.jpeg