Upgrades for a 2017 4x4 TDi - what else have you done to yours ?

Prezafab

Just wondering what you have done to your facelift Yeti that was worth doing ?

Ours is a Dec 2017 registered SEL 4x4 DSG outdoor delivered to its first owner Feb 2018 which we've bought to keep 'forever'. Because of that we've done a few things which my other half wanted:-

- Matterhorn alloys (because they looked great on our last Yeti)

- SmartLink CarPlay (because we couldn't find an SE L Drive diesel at the time, with satnav)

- Black door mirror caps (the grey ones are a bit nasty)

- Body colour-co-ordinated (grey) bumper trim panels

Looks really good now and mechanically we've had the cambelt changed and gearbox oil and filter done.

Recommendations for what's worth doing next that you've done on your Yeti ?😃

Changing all interior bulbs to LED was a good move for me, as was the paid-for Smart Link install. Wish more apps had Car Play equivalents though.

• Like 2

I haven't thought about interior bulbs but I suppose they would look better.

Can you buy as a set - I was put off LEDs for the outside because of errors, but I guess no issues for the interior ?

Lighting in the load area is abysmal, a change to an LED bulb makes it a bit brighter but I fitted short LED strips to the upper C pillar facing forwards and the same underneath which now means I can load or find things in the dark.

I left the interior lights as they were, I think that should be softer lighting, the small LED map reading lights look like they do nothing but are surprisingly effective in the area they are intended to illuminate, not sure how the same internal design team could have done such a good and such a bad job at the same time.

11 hours ago, J.R. said:

I left the interior lights as they were, I think that should be softer lighting, the small LED map reading lights look like they do nothing but are surprisingly effective in the area they are intended to illuminate, not sure how the same internal design team could have done such a good and such a bad job at the same time.

I've noticed that as I get older, I get more and more annoyed at anything that is badly designed. 

Car parts, food packaging, road junctions - you name it ! 

• Like 1

On 17/04/2024 at 22:55, muppix said:

Changing all interior bulbs to LED was a good move for me, as was the paid-for Smart Link install. Wish more apps had Car Play equivalents though.

I've done the same.

Yellow front fog bulbs, not for everyone, but I like them which is all that matters. 😇

17 minutes ago, vRSG60 said:

I've done the same.

Yellow front fog bulbs, not for everyone, but I like them which is all that matters. 😇

I didn't know you could still fit them. I bet they look good, even better with yellow plastic covers on an L&K, but I very rarely use fogs these days.

I would definitely do the other exterior bulbs, but the whole Canbus thing sounds a pain.