Mirror indicators dynamic upgrade.

Hello all. 
Following a scan for error codes i discovered I have a drivers door mirror indicator out. No idea when it went as no dash warning. Had me thinking looking at the price of a single , how about a replacement set of dynamic indicator strips in the mirrors. Has anyone had any luck with Ali Express type products. I have never purchased anything from them before, any pointers using the site? Any links to previous purchases if that’s how it works?

The car is a S2 estate 2011 mirrors maybe similar to Octy 2 facelift perhaps?

I did this on my 2011 estate, looked good to me, I had dodgy patches on the old ones and considered dynamic a good replacement 

Edit - 

Edited by a666andy
  • Like 1

Thats interesting and a timely post as I have some in my basket on Aliexpress but not purchased as yet, they all look much the same.  I've never used AliExpress and have heard about folk being stung by customs, but I believe if the value is below a certain figure you don't get charged.

One aspect not mentioned in the linked post is the actual fitting procedure, assume you have to remove the mirror glass to then strip down the mirror housing - how easy is it to pull the mirror out....anyone have any tips or a guide ?

Cheers

Aliexpress = single order including delivery cost totalling less than £135 should not attract uk customs interest / vat / import duty / handling fee

There is another thread on here with install details including removing the mirror glass etc.

Edited by a666andy
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

An apparent gotcha is the back mirror cover is held on by screws so cannot be simply prised off. 

17 hours ago, TasMan said:

Thats interesting and a timely post as I have some in my basket on Aliexpress but not purchased as yet, they all look much the same.  I've never used AliExpress and have heard about folk being stung by customs, but I believe if the value is below a certain figure you don't get charged.

One aspect not mentioned in the linked post is the actual fitting procedure, assume you have to remove the mirror glass to then strip down the mirror housing - how easy is it to pull the mirror out....anyone have any tips or a guide ?

Cheers

Care to share a link @TasMan?

they are the same for FL and pre-FL from what I read on another post shared here. 

Posted (edited)
On 30/04/2024 at 10:45, gav_is_con said:

Care to share a link @TasMan?

they are the same for FL and pre-FL from what I read on another post shared here. 

Hi, this is the one I have in my basket just now, my Superb is a 2014 FL so I'm thinking this should be correct?  

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJUWAaf

There's others on the site, all quite confusing, some seem much cheaper and others seem to have different shipping options. I guess I just have to bite the bullet and try, I've got a few other things in the basket and all well under the £135 value for customs for a single order... cheers

Edited by TasMan
Spelling
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, TasMan said:

Hi, this is the one I have in my basket just now, my Superb is a 2014 FL so I'm thinking this should be correct?  

https://a.aliexpress.com/_EJUWAaf

There's others on the site, all quite confusing, some seem much cheaper and others seem to have different shipping options. I guess I just have to bite the bullet and try, I've got a few other things in the basket and all well under the £135 value for customs for a single order... cheers

Nice one. Anything else of interest you got your eyes on ?

Might I ask, there are a few dynamic mirrors available on Aliexpress - some of them look orange some of them look yellow.

Some are for Superb 2 and Octavia 2 combined, some are only listed for S2 and a different version for O2.

Are there real differences or is this just wrong listing?

Hi there, really not sure on this aspect.  I've not placed an order as yet but will have a further look before I do.

The ones linked in my message further above seemed to be the ones that appear the best option, but without seeing them, can't be sure.