Haynes Workshop Manual now available for the Fabia

While i wait for my copy to be delivered - could someone that has their copy now let me know what the recomended mileage is for the timing belt replacement on the 1.9SDi fabia is....:confused:

Need to know before i fork out about

• 1 month later...

Is it worth having a thread dedicated to errors in the Workshop Manual?

E.g. it says you need to take out the front door lock before removing a front door carrier. This involved me 3 hours of extra work, by the time I had retrieved the lock retaining ring and refitted it, when in fact removing the lock is completely unnecessary.

Is it worth having a thread dedicated to errors in the Workshop Manual?

E.g. it says you need to take out the front door lock before removing a front door carrier. This involved me 3 hours of extra work, by the time I had retrieved the lock retaining ring and refitted it, when in fact removing the lock is completely unnecessary.

That would be interesting also include missing information too - what the manual doesnt detail.

• 3 weeks later...
good news about the manual , am i right to assume then that 1898cc TDI is the PD engine , i'm sure it will be as i think all the 1.9 turbo diesels are this engine

hi mate just reading through posts i noticed your picture on the Nurburgring circuit. I take it you were driving if so it must have been some experience, ahh well maybe some day i need to settle for Nockhill lol its a good track though.

Hi all.

All of the pictures have numbers - but these numbers do not relate to the writen instructions, is that normal? As far as I can remember in my mini manual the pictures related to the instructions on how to do the work, why else would you number the pictures if not for this reason.

• 1 month later...

a few months ago I complained to Haynes about the quality of the paper they use, and got nowhere. Before retirement I worked in two paper mills (one now demolished ,the other shut for good!). Haynes are using the 'We use recycled paper' to save the planet! ploy. Recycled Paper by its nature has fibres which are too short, which weaken the strength of the finished paper.

I have a 25 year old mini manual ,which is still white, made from quality paper, compared to a recent manual which is brown already. It won't last 5 years before the paper breaks down,even quicker because it gets fingered with greasy,and or wet hands. So is buying the same manual twice ,better for the planet,or better for Haynes ? . Will we ever learn!!.

• 1 year later...

Haynes manuel does not cover quite a few aspects regarding the Fabia VRS.

One being the 6 speed-gearbox, it actually quotes the ASZ engine type as a 5-speed gearbox? It carried on to say it had no information on the VRS gearbox, in my Haynes manuel 2006 issue.

In essence the manuel is really aimed at the early petrol engine types, and has just added bits it has picked up along the way.

It quotes the use of 3 types of engine oil, one being multi-grade 20W/50 ??

I have been told by Skoda to use VW505.01 with this being a totally synthetic engine oil.

If you want the basics then the Haynes manuel is certainly a help, but it by-passes the Fabia VRS on important issues typical to the VRS.