Cage mod - anyone tried this?

JRHartley

Spent a bit of time doing a few things on my superb today. Car is a 55 plate elegance with 90k on the clock. 81k of that since march this year! (taxi). It's due a service and was feeling a bit sluggish. Read a few things on here to try. So this morning i decided to clean the EGR valve. Drove it all afternoon and noticed some improvement. Then tonight I have Greased the MAF plug with dielectric grease. All I can say is wow!! That has got to be the biggest improvement per pound! Really wasn't expecting much from greasing one plug, but the difference is amazing. So much smoother and quieter! I'm sure how much difference varies car to car but I'm a happy man!

Now just got a service to do this week before the car is chipped next week!!

Ben Smith.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'm cynical of all pikey type mods :P

However, did this to the Passat yesterday and there is a definite improvement in smoothness.

What have you got to lose really? :P

Ok applied mine today and there is definately a noticeable difference. Very smooth idle and smooth power delivery like others have said. I didnt think I had any problems before trying it but there is a definate improvement. No way is this just in the mind.