Skip to content

Radio Compatibility

Featured Replies

Hi. I currently have a 'Rhapsody' double din head unit in my Superb does anyone know if it is a straight swap to a 'DX' / MFD1 headunit and the wiring is the same?

Thanks

  • 3 months later...
  • Administrators
On 11/06/2026 at 01:34, Mk1PDOwner said:

Hi. I currently have a 'Rhapsody' double din head unit in my Superb does anyone know if it is a straight swap to a 'DX' / MFD1 headunit and the wiring is the same?

Thanks


Sorry very late with reply.

Wiring to work the unit should be the same, but unless you have the tmc/gps and the maxidot display, it won't fuction correctly. Also, without the skoda amplifier in the boot/parcel shelf, it'll sound awful. I have this in my superb and in the MK1 Octavia, and in that it's terrible.

  • Author
On 03/10/2026 at 23:04, Dean said:


Sorry very late with reply.

Wiring to work the unit should be the same, but unless you have the tmc/gps and the maxidot display, it won't fuction correctly. Also, without the skoda amplifier in the boot/parcel shelf, it'll sound awful. I have this in my superb and in the MK1 Octavia, and in that it's terrible.

Thanks a million for getting back to me, I have the maxidot and the amp at the parcel shelf. I bought a DX unit cheap enough locally but the actual plug that goes into the back is different to the one currently on the loom. If I get a chance when I get home I can send a photo.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.