What on earth is going on with Skoda main dealers?

VRSPhil

Like John at SMC Skoda in Exeter. Absolutely top guy - likes the product, understands it. Good knowledge of the industry - BUY CARS FROM THIS MAN!

I could do a better job than the ones down here for a fact!

also when i was at the london motorshow - i found that females were much easier to approach , nice smile, welcoming, friendly, smart.... all they need is some training and there you go! i have never seen a female in sales for cars...and i think there should be more.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also when i was at the london motorshow - i found that females were much easier to approach , nice smile, welcoming, friendly, smart.... all they need is some training and there you go! i have never seen a female in sales for cars...and i think there should be more.

Well all I can say is move to Winchester, our local dealer is 101 %, we have 3 Skodas & not one was bought from them yet the service we get is excellent.

There are obviously good & bad dealers.

Well all I can say is move to Winchester' date=' our local dealer is 101 %, we have 3 Skodas & not one was bought from them yet the service we get is excellent.

There are obviously good & bad dealers.[/quote']

Did you buy those cars off the internet, or did you get them from a dealer in Scotland who gave you

...all they need is some training and there you go! i have never seen a female in sales for cars...and i think there should be more.

Have you ever tried working with females in a sales dept?

It is very difficult, I don't know why, and I'm not being sexist I am speaking from experience.

My "local" garage is family run and has ALWAYS sold Skoda cars....not the cheapest but what I ask for gets done.....no if or buts..........warranty work ...no problem.......He doesn't like chipped cars ........told me " I cant cope with them there too bl00dy fast" :rofl: ......

I could do a better job than the ones down here for a fact!

also when i was at the london motorshow - i found that females were much easier to approach ' date=' nice smile, welcoming, friendly, smart.... all they need is some training and there you go! i have never seen a female in sales for cars...and i think there should be more.[/quote']

what about Mandy just down the road from you:D

So what your saying is, you are quite happy to buy a car from the internet. But only after wasting the dealers time at the showroom, wasting their money on fuel, putting miles on their demos. Well that seems fair doesn't it. Is it no wonder that dealers are becoming less and less interested in their customers?

The point I'm trying to make, is when you are looking at what car to buy you are costing someone else. So why not repay them for the effort they have put in by purchaing a car from them?

However I can see your point, with regards to what you get for your money. I'm sure a full staffed Skoda dealership has more knowledge than a website advertising

OK 1 other thing though , I used to be one of the receptionists on a busy service reception.

I had 1 guy tell me that his car had the coolant light on.He checked the coolant leval and all was well there.

So I suggested that he required an expansion tank.

He then asked if his car would be ok to drive , so I replied "Yes"

He then thre a tantrum down the phone screaming "YOU ARE A MEAR RECEPTIONIST AND YOUR TELLING ME MY CAR IS OK TO DRIVE"

Now please tell me that you want a nice friendly voice on the phone and to be helpfull , receptionists are mainly female , but do you want advice from them and would you listen?

Sarah

when i bought my fabia from the now 'ceased trading' citygates at chichester it came with a new mot. but when i got home i realised that one of the brake lights didn't work, i checked it had no bulb in there, and also the horn didn't work because it was unplugged. after about 2 days i took it back because it was somtimes difficult to select gears, and because it had a rough idle. they told me there was nothing wrong with the gears and they had changed the ht leads because of a missfire. but it still idled roughly, so cleaned the throttle body myself!!! then because i do a lot of miles and the clutch was getting a bit saggy i changed the clutch, but when i took the gearbox out the gear linkage was loose on top of the gearbox. so they never even bothered looking at it. and one of the drive shafts only had 4 bolts connecting it to the gearbox instead of 6. aren't they suposed to check cars over with a fine tooth comb before sale???

aren't they suposed to check cars over with a fine tooth comb before sale???

In an ideal world! I'm still wondering what the Network Q 125 point check involves as we bought a Corsa who's boot didn't open when we picked it up :rofl:

Chris

In an ideal world! I'm still wondering what the Network Q 125 point check involves as we bought a Corsa who's boot didn't open when we picked it up :rofl:

Chris

oh yes, that's another thing you've just reminded me of. when i got the car the tailgate didn't shut properly either.

I like to find a dealer I can get on with and then deal with them. Never bought something like a car from tinterwebnet' date=' if it goes wrong I like to be able to talk to someone face to face.

Having said that, based on my experience with this car, my next one will not be a Skoda - I have lost faith in:

their sales people - they supplied a hatch instead of the estate I ordered

their mechanics - 1. They rotated the tyres as requested, shame they only did one side :rolleyes:

their mechanics - 2. Different dealer, fitted top mounts upside down, when I complained about the handling I was told "they all do that"

So, I won't have another one. I go to dealers regularly with my car being serviced about every 4 months and I buy new every 2-3 years. I am loyal to my dealers, right up tot he point where they **** up badly and upset me.[/quote']

OK 1 other thing though ' date=' I used to be one of the receptionists on a busy service reception.

I had 1 guy tell me that his car had the coolant light on.He checked the coolant leval and all was well there.

So I suggested that he required an expansion tank.

He then asked if his car would be ok to drive , so I replied "Yes"

He then thre a tantrum down the phone screaming "YOU ARE A MEAR RECEPTIONIST AND YOUR TELLING ME MY CAR IS OK TO DRIVE"

Now please tell me that you want a nice friendly voice on the phone and to be helpfull , receptionists are mainly female , but do you want advice from them and would you listen?

Sarah[/quote']

That's why I no longer have a Skoda, involving the dealership you were once in the employ of, if I'm not mistaken!!!!!

There does seem to be an issue with some dealers. I've been to 3 Skoda dealers in the East Mids -all have either refused or let me down over a test drive. I made it very clear that although the car (Octavia 2.0 TDi Estate) would be a company vehicle, we always ensure a local dealer supplies the car. Sadly no-one seemed interested. Combining this with the large amount of negative feedback this forum appears to report I have to say I don't feel I would be confident in the quality or reliability of a Skoda.

I'm just very dissappointed that no-one seemed to want my business but it's better to find out now rather than have the horrible hassle of car problems and an un-caring dealer.

Skoda isn't alone in this, I've been let down by a Toyota dealer - turned up for a booked test drive to find no car and no salesperson. Never called me to re-arrange or apologise so I've found a Toyota dealer who is willing to help me try/buy a car.

Jinxy72

Thanks for the warning about canterbury, if you really want A1 service and ar prepared to tarvel about 18 miles I can recommend a Family run Skoda dealership.

Adamsons ( Deal ). Am on my 3rd Skoda from them, & IF the new furby has a vRS will buy from them again.

These are the good points

1) Give them 1 weeks notice ( used to be 3 days but their good reputation has brought in the work) that youre taking your car in for work / Service and they will give you a loan car. ( there may be very little fuel in it , but you dont have to return it full).

2) If they have a car you want to test drive - No hassle, I have test driven Octy vRS I & II, had these as loan while car in for service. Also driven the 2.5 TDi Superb. They let me test drive the Furby vRS for about 3 hrs, then when I returned the car bought 1 :).

3) The parts guys are knowledgable and friendly, service prices are skoda price but NOT overly expensive - You feel like it has been value for money.

4) Mechanics are friendly and approachable.

5) Owner is also salesman, very friendly, and will listen to what YOU want. Not the cheapest , but youre not pressured into buying, or hassled by the salesman.

Bad points.

1) if you say youre interested in test driving a new model on arrival , despite leaving phone number, forget to ring you to say there is one available. :(

Jinxy - if you read this before the 4th Aug look for the maidstone meet thread @ the white rabbit. :)

Well, I have nothing but praise for my local dealer. It used to be a family business, but was taken over by another family business. Nothing has changed really.

Sales staff are helpful, not pushy. Service are helpful, and explain everything to you in plain English.

Only let down for me is the time it takes to obtain parts, but that is not the dealers fault.

Waited 3 weeks for a new turbo for the Fabia. And it wasn't on warranty either.

Oh, apart from a boost leak that its taken 4 days not to find which is annoying, and ongoing.