Skip to content

VW group recalls ~4M vehicles for steering bolt which can corrode - any Skoda news yet?

Featured Replies

https://www.reuters.com/legal/litigation/volkswagen-recalls-4-million-cars-handelsblatt-reports-2026-09-25/

Anyone seen any details on Skoda vehicles participation in this safety recall?

From: https://www.focus.de/auto/ratgeber/auch-skoda-modelle-offenbar-von-lenkungs-rueckruf-betroffen_7a5080c8-2ee3-4841-bc6c-afddd4de4064.html

(translated by Google):

"A Skoda spokesperson told FOCUS online: “Internal quality checks have revealed that certain vehicles in some Škoda model series (Octavia, Superb, Kodiaq, Karoq) may have a deviation from the standard in the steering bolts.” The affected production period is week 11/2015 to week 8/2026. In Germany, this affects 370,879 vehicles."

(As of now, neither the Skoda Group nor Skoda Spain-specific recall websites match my VIN, an April 2020-manufactured last of the MkIII Facelift Scout).

Hopefully I dodged a bullet. My Octavia was registered in about week 9 of 2015, so would have been manufactured a bit earlier.

  • Author

Just posted in the past day or so:

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/skoda-issues-massive-recall-17-million-vehicles-feature-tiny-steering-bolt-that-can-snap-276674.html

I searched for "48LS", which the article says is Skoda's tracking number for the recall, but I only find that in a small number of news articles.

Anyone have an inside scoop on which Skoda (Octavia wagon) vehicles are included in this recall?

Following.

Nothing major as I check my nuts (and bolts) regularly, but still worth knowing. I'll ask around with my main dealer friends.

This is from VWHub.

ChatGPT Image Oct 9, 2026 at 05_30_43 PM.png

  • Author

"Number of vehicles affects: 70 - correct at the time of publication" ?! 😅

20 minutes ago, OccyVRS said:

This is from VWHub.

ChatGPT Image Oct 9, 2026 at 05_30_43 PM.png

Left hand drive vehicles only - so no recall expected in the UK, Australia,New Zealand, India, ...

  • Author

Oh. That VWHub is UK/right-hand particular? Or is it global, and could be searched for ex-UK/ left-hand drive vehicles affected in other countries?

(I'm in Spain. I sit on the wrong side of my car :-) ).

23 minutes ago, JayLibove said:

Oh. That VWHub is UK/right-hand particular? Or is it global, and could be searched for ex-UK/ left-hand drive vehicles affected in other countries?

(I'm in Spain. I sit on the wrong side of my car :-) ).

AFAIK, it's a global system. Affected vehicles seem to be a lot of LHD German cars, which mean it's likely more LHD European models too. Have you got in touch with your local dealer?

Deberías sentarte en el lado correcto del coche ;)

38 minutes ago, JayLibove said:

"Number of vehicles affects: 70 - correct at the time of publication" ?! 😅

I think this means 'only' 70 vehicles have had the bolt actually fail, rather than needing it replaced.

Edited by OccyVRS

  • Author

My car has something over 90K Km, most of it highway, so I don't expect it to have been sufficiently exposed to be at near-term risk of failure, so I haven't reached out to a dealer as yet (let's just say that y'all in the UK, etc probably have better dealer and official Skoda garage experiences than we tend to here in Spain). I checked the Skoda international and the Skoda Spain recall campaigns websites, which don't (yet) find anything for my car. I'll give it a bit more time.

¡Cualquier lado donde yo asiento es el correcto!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Recently Browsing 1

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.