new gearbox

well my vrs went in for a service last week and i mentioned a notchy gear change so they looked at it and informed me it needs a new one. panic due to the REVO map on it and it being 18 months old.. was then told it was all under warranty and not to worry about it and bring it back next week. Happy as anything then i drove it out of dealers to find out my REVO map had dissapeared and it was running standard after the service.. is it customary to flash the ecu on a service so its going back in tomorrow then to the REVO dealer who said they would re-install the map for free

on the upside i got a fabia vRS for a loaner and was so impressed with it gonna look at trading the g/f lupo tdi for one

There is usually only a problem with warranty claims if you post about your mods on a public forum which is read by Skoda UK :eek: :eek:

Seriously - it may be worth deleting your original post just in case.

i got a clunky gearbox a sticky reverse 1-2nd gear no joy from my dealer they say its fine i think its donald ducked

warranty runs out soon anyone think i should try another dealer or skoda uk

i got a clunky gearbox a sticky reverse 1-2nd gear no joy from my dealer they say its fine i think its donald ducked

warranty runs out soon anyone think i should try another dealer or skoda uk

your problem could possibly be clutch drag or a clutch master cylinder losing pressure

I had a horrid noise from my gearbox yesterday, I think 3rd is now toothless as its gone missing & the rest sound terrible. Im guessing the box has the remains of 3rd floating around inside it. Bit of a tribute to the box though as its taken 356 bhp to break it. I was running stock Octy RS internals in a 4x4 casing, guess its time for a rethink.

The purpose of me posting is I cant believe your Revo map will have contributed to the downfall of the box

Guest musky

My Revo remap did in my 4x4 clutch which everybody said can take far more power than 200 and a bit. Cars never been on a rolling road so maybe Revo give away a free extra 150 horses?:)

My Revo remap did in my 4x4 clutch which everybody said can take far more power than 200 and a bit. Cars never been on a rolling road so maybe Revo give away a free extra 150 horses?:)

:) :)