Schumacher to Retire at end of this season

WrightyRS

7 time champion, this record prove he is a legend. While many F1 driver had never won a race, this how hard it is. Of course, team and car play a major role, but Schumacher is special enough to keep himself in Ferrari for so many years.

This year has 3 more races to go, and Schumacher is only 2 points down in championship. I wish Alonso and Schumacher have to come down to the last race to decide who is this year champion. :)

I think it is the right time for Schumacher personally to leave - pretty much on the top. Massa has been pretty close to him sometimes this year and Raikkonen would probably have been closer still next year.

I've not really ever liked Schumacher but that could have a lot to do with the corrupt team he drives for but I think the sport will miss him and especially the other drivers who will no longer have a chance to beat him who is probably about the best driver the sport has seen.

Bad for the sport. (Although it isn't sport anymore). Yes his tactics sometimes have been questionable, but I remember Senna taking Prost out all those years ago and Senna is seen as a legend.

As far as I remember Senna did say he crashed in to Prost, he was honest about it. That Lying German keeps saying I did not see him, Hill Villenurve ect

ect.

Thanks God he is going then maybe the sport can recover from this Ferrari slat everything is getting. Just look at what they did to Alonso for coming with in 500 meters of a Ferrari. Another title gifted to MS.:mad:

Yes but I think Ferrari think and have done for a long time, that they are bigger than F1. That's not Shuey's fault. Yes it was boring to watch him win everything, but surely it is down to the rest of the field to catch up? He used professional fouls to win, but any sportsman will bend the rules as far as possible to gain an advantage. Maybe it's not British, but that explains why we are crap at most sports. I think footballers are far worse than MS ever was. And no I am not German, I just think he needs to be remembered for his achievements and not the controversy.

Just look at what they did to Alonso for coming with in 500 meters of a Ferrari. Another title gifted to MS.:mad:

From the evidence that I have seen I may be inclined to agree that Alonso was treated harshley, but it was evened out by the lack of penalty for cutting the chicane overtaking Heidfeld, also is engine blew up with him pushing it:rofl: but he wasn't within cuckoo of Schueys times. As for another title handed to MS to you sir I say ********:P They guy as probably had as many 'incidents' instigated against him as he as instigated to others, but because he wins then the spotlight is on him and is knockers use them as ammo. For instance when Montoya brake tested him in the tunnel at monte in 2004 if that incident had been the other way round and Montoya being out off the race Schuey would have been lambasted.:mad:

Schumi still has a question mark against his greatness as he has never had to race against a team mate senna/Prost, Team orders allways favoured him

I still remember that eddie irvine would have beaten Hakkinen had he not pulled over for the German earlier in the year before the Broken Leg - Was Eddie ever as good as Hakkinen I don't think so

I wanted to see Either Schumi Alonso At Mclaren or Raikkonen Schumi at Ferrari

for next year to proove hos greatness

ps Please Ron sign Hamilton for next year

Interesting interview with Martin Brundle on the news last night.

He seemed to say that Schumacher was an extremely hard team mate to have, as he gets all the crew's attention and technical support....or maybe that was just Brundle excuse for being cr@p! But he did seem bitter about it!

As far as I remember Senna did say he crashed in to Prost' date=' he was honest about it. That Lying German keeps saying I did not see him, Hill Villenurve ect

ect.

Thanks God he is going then maybe the sport can recover from this Ferrari slat everything is getting. Just look at what they did to Alonso for coming with in 500 meters of a Ferrari. Another title gifted to MS.:mad:[/quote']

He was a bit more diplomatic, he was going for that corner and was going to let fate decide ;), thats the words in the book anyway :)