Spot the speed camera game

fluffmeister

15 out of 19

Those tripods I have seen but never knew they were speed camera's, glad i am a grandad driver, even @ 25 years old. But this helps my paranoia to no ends... :rofl: :rofl:

I always wonder why the police cloak themselves, other then to show how dishonourable they are.

Q

=======DISCLAIMER========

I only see traffic cops as dishonourable (Probally they are honouable, just the people who command them are dishonourable), regular cops are A Ok with me, as they have been helpful to me in the past :D

And I have never seen a camera van!

Do I not travel at the right time of day or on the right roads?

I have never seen one. I am also yet to be caught.

I scored 13 on the game

depends what time of year it is, where you are and what time of day. the ones ive seen are from about 10- 1300 and from 1300 - 1800 depends really. also on the m5 there always on the side parked up at rush hour, in the evenings, and mornings anywhere. there all over the place in wales! 40 tp 30 zones too dead sneaky cant beleive how some of them are parked tho! glad i've had a lecture on how to drive ecanomicly, and a bit less frantic too!:rolleyes:

sneaky tripod cameras! they should be bright yellow.

depends what time of year it is, where you are and what time of day. the ones ive seen are from about 10- 1300 and from 1300 - 1800 depends really.

You want to try Essex. Cameras out until 9 or 10 pm some nights. Lots of vans, but usefully, the camera partnership do post on the web what areas the vans will cover each day. Sneaky locations sometimes too and the laser traps are getting more common. Also seen traffic cars with laser traps being used on the new (fast) stretch of the A130 quite regularly.

The thing that really really hacked me off was being overtaken by a camera van while doing spot on 70 (GPS) down the A12. He must have been close to 80mph. Reported it but never heard a word back.

Chris

Not seen those small mobile triopd ones yet. Get the occasional van around here, though.

Not convinced on the 'cameras' people are on about on the bridge, my understanding that the lane cameras which point straight down (i.e., where it is impossible to read numberplates) were there for monitoring traffic speed / flow.

Like I said, yashicamat, they are Trafficmaster sensors which, as you say, are to monitor traffic flow.

You are incorrect that they point straight down - they DO read numberplates and use them to calculate speed between cameras (like SPECS) but they are not for police purposes.

You can't measure vehicle speed with a camera which points straight downwards; if they just judged speed at the point of the camera they would be less useful as they are trying to report traffic problems.