BAKER21's SUPERB GOES INDUSTRIAL!!!

Baker21

do i feel a mod coming on?:D Like the ones you do at work for the MKIV Golf?? U were asking what was left to do... definiatly mod some spots lower down and add the chrome lower grill bit. And uv sorted the front :thumbup:

Fluffy and I were chatting some time ago about fitting some RS6 LED Running Lamps into the lower grilles but Hella, the company I work for, don't make them and the costs are very high for the lamps.

I have been thinking about fitting some Micro DE Xenon's that I had on my Bora as follows:

Dsc02931.jpg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup good idea, in time when iv sorted cash i'll be adding the micro DEs to the golf. Feel the lower spots 'finish' off the car.

You know where to come mate when you need a set!!!

Guest Fabia 12v
You know where to come mate when you need a set!!!

same place my rear lights came from... some dodgy bloke i found on uk-mkivs.net also had the name of baker :eek: :eek:

:D:thumbup:

Cracking looking Superb mate, If you go for the black B pillar I can reccomend the mirrors in black also, RobDon did it on his Leon and it cleans up the 'black circle' around the windows,

:thumbup:

Sounds a little extreme, you got any pics?

Sounds a little extreme, you got any pics?

I know this is on a darker car, but the first image is before the mirrors were painted black, and the second afterwards.

I have not 'd the pics as there have been some issues in the past with rob and copyright,

Photo: robkh02.jpg | SEAT Leon Cupra 1.8T album | RobD67 | Fotki.com

http://www.leonturbo.co.uk/images/car/jul05.jpg

I just think it cleans the look up somewhat

I know this is on a darker car, but the first image is before the mirrors were painted black, and the second afterwards.

I have not 'd the pics as there have been some issues in the past with rob and copyright,

Photo: robkh02.jpg | SEAT Leon Cupra 1.8T album | RobD67 | Fotki.com

http://www.leonturbo.co.uk/images/car/jul05.jpg

I just think it cleans the look up somewhat

Nice car but I would have to see it photoshopped on my motor?!?!?

Any volunteers?!?!

• 5 months later...

I'm sorry Baker21 but i must have missed the previous post, where it said, what exactly was the Tyre / Suspension set-up on your Superb was? Or did i miss it? What size wheels are they and how far has it been dropped, suppliers of kits would be helpful too, been offered a 30 mm drop on 30% uprated dampers complete for

I'm sorry Baker21 but i must have missed the previous post, where it said, what exactly was the Tyre / Suspension set-up on your Superb was? Or did i miss it? What size wheels are they and how far has it been dropped, suppliers of kits would be helpful too, been offered a 30 mm drop on 30% uprated dampers complete for

I've always liked 'smaller' cars (i have a Fabia vRS) but the more i look at your Superb, the more i want one!!:eek: Awesome looking car mate;) :D

I was lucky to get hold of this Superb mate and if it had not of been this car it would have been a Fabia, love them to bits!!

Thanks for your comment.

Dug up an old thread here mate.....

The wheels are 19" with the fronts being 8.5J and the rears 9.5J and they are both wrapped in 235/35/19 tyres.

The suspension is KW Variant 1 Coliovers and is one of the only set ups that will allow you to go this low. The problem with the 30mm drop you have mentioned is that IMO it will not look much different, had a 30mm drop on my Bora before and it just didn't look like I had spent any money on it. Currently it is has no adjuster blocks on the rear so it's as low as it will go, maybe about 45mm and the front is would right down to around 50mm.

Fluffy on this forum got a cheaper coilover kit runninig slightly higher than mine for a very reasonable price, so it might be worth contacting him.

Suspension wise it depends how low and hard you want the ride?!?!?

I wanted it low and hard, LOL!!

I'm running 17" wheels at the moment on 45 tyres. I just want to get rid of the wallowy ride on the Superb, sometimes i feel like it should be fitted with a rudder instead of the steering wheel :D .

So a big drop is not needed, just a firmer ride, so should i just go for the 30mm and 30%?

I'll give Fluffy a shout and see what he says as well.

I'm running 17" wheels at the moment on 45 tyres. I just want to get rid of the wallowy ride on the Superb, sometimes i feel like it should be fitted with a rudder instead of the steering wheel :D .

So a big drop is not needed, just a firmer ride, so should i just go for the 30mm and 30%?

I'll give Fluffy a shout and see what he says as well.

If your after a firmer ride then 30mm will be fine but if I were you I would look into the coliover route that Fluffy has as this gives you the luxury to adjust the ride height as you prefer it, obviously this is the same as me but my kit was short of