Leak at passenger front door.

When it has been raining heavy the door sill is full of water whenever I open it. The water mark is half way up the rubber seal. When I drive the car it makes its way over the inner sill and onto the carpet. Also along the bottom of the door trim on the inside is also wet. Any ideas and any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Has been to the dealers once and had the door adjusted but made no difference whatsoever. It is an Octavia 2 classic estate that I have owned for a month. I await your replies, thanks.

I had the exact same problem. It turned out to be the panel that is riveted to the door that is meant to be sealed and divert rain water to the botom of the door where it should drain normally. I found the problem by taping some polythene to to door trim and running it out passed the door seal, hence diverting the rain water than was leaking out away from the inside. The dealer said it was a known problem and the fix was to use a sealant around the panel. So far not had any more leaks !! Hope this helps.

:thumbup:

Has been to the dealers once and had the door adjusted but made no difference whatsoever. It is an Octavia 2 classic estate that I have owned for a month.

Surely it is down to the dealer to sort in a 1 month old car, wheel it right back to them and insist they fix it. I would think you shouldn't be fiddling about with it yourself, else they might suggest you had made it worse :mad:

I do not intend doing it myself as the car is booked in for next week but hopefully I may be able to give them some pointers as they said it was uncommon with them. Tezza what panel are you talking about and a pic would be helpful. I will have a look at the drain slot on the underside as suggested. Thanks a lot guys for your help. I love the car in every other way but this has really annoyed me.

I haven't got any pictures, but it is a panel that fits under your trim panel, and as I have said is riveted to the door skin with a seal. But as with mine the seal sounds to have failed producing a wet carpet and a water mark where it runs in just like you described. So far the dealers repair has been successful.

Cheers for that Tezza, i now understand and hopefully the dealer will look at this and get it sorted. I will let you know how i get on but the car is not in the deasler until next Wednesday. Once again, thanks.:thumbup:

• 1 month later...

Leak is now fixed. Apparently the wax inside the door was blocking the drain hole and therefore the water could not get away. The only problem now is there is a rattle in the same door and a lot of creaking from the others. Other than this I am happy.

The only problem now is there is a rattle in the same door and a lot of creaking from the others.

Join the club!! AND I have [supposedly] had all new door seals fitted. Still rattle sometimes.

I have read your posts but you do not seem totally happy with the results. I will wait until my first service and tell them about it then as the car will still be under warranty. Is all your doors creaking? I tried the silicone type spray and the only one that seems to creak is the one they were working at and the back one. Was your car one of the models with the chassis number that someone posted and did you write to customer services. Thanks in advance.:thumbup:

Yep, mine was the "just pre new seals" chassis number. Had all 4 doors done a month or so ago at Crawley Down. A little bit of difference but not a lot. I use the Holts rubber and nylon lubricant spray which works okay for a few days at a time. Still get this oddball thing that the noise stops when the window is very slightly opened.

Driver's door is quieter but front passenger door is doing the same. I don't think the back doors are involved. It is extremely erratic, seems to vary with the weather. Never get it at speed or on smooth roads. I live with it - the rest of the car is great.

• 3 months later...

There was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin) that covers the fix on the new octavia and the fabia.

The dealer should have this and if not point them to skoda uk to get it.

I know i found mention of it on the intarwebamathingy :P

The seals on the door creak and not leak. It is the seals on the panel behind the door card that leak when water pools up inside the car.