New dash surround

While my car was in for a service, I got the dealer to change the surround by the Radio so it matches the door trims.

Sorry about photo's using phone.

11322.attach

11323.attach

I think a lot of non-VRs drivers have ordered the dash surround. It just shows that they should have done it as standard...

I am aware that this may have affected the overall cost of the car, but consider that we are all going to RECYCLE (aren't we) our old black.

Not me, my old black one is going back in with the Stream in about 20 months time.

Company car you see :P

The silver one does look rather good though :D

Any progress with yours yet Ray?

Remove the black surround, rub it all over with fine steel wool to allow paint to stick.

Wash over to remove fine dust. When dry, spray with silver paint spray can. Finish with clear laquer spray. If you dont laquer it, the silver seems to wear off very quickly. I did this a year ago when my car was new, and it still looks good. Dont go for chrome effect paint, I tried this at first but it didnt match. I just sprayed it over again with different paint. I believe the silver spray came from Wilkinsons. If you dont like the effect you could always spray it over with mat black to look origional again.

I would like to change the black one in my Elegance with dual zone and normal Audience stereo. The problem is I think the bright silver will be to bright as the rest of the trim is kind of silver/grey with a pattern on it. Is the trim available with this pattern/colour and is there a part number?

mmmm, i have since noticed that my elegance trim has a silver background with Black Diamond outlines..... I do hope the VRs trim matches nicely.

still its a 100% better than what i have at the moment (mfd2 with the stream trim)

You'll get used to the silver after a while even though it's slightly different to the elegance trim.

It looks nice and my silver trim has received nothing but positive comments so far.

• 2 months later...