Thieving Bar Stewards!!

Fish

Bought myself a little 'mod' 2 weeks ago (alloy valve caps) for the princely sum of £3.99.

But last night, whilst enjoying some superb cycle racing at Manchester Velodrome, some thieving c*** has nicked 'em!

Just goes to show that you can't own anything these days!

Back to black plastic ones from now on :(

Bought myself a little 'mod' 2 weeks ago (alloy valve caps) for the princely sum of £3.99.

But last night, whilst enjoying some superb cycle racing at Manchester Velodrome, some thieving c*** has nicked 'em!

Just goes to show that you can't own anything these days!

Back to black plastic ones from now on :(

Yeah plastic ones are only about 99p. You could always paint them chrome.....

It's pathetic that people stoop to things like this. You could always buy those little locking ones thought....

I'm not going to cry over spilt milk.

They were just a small 'cosmetic enhancement'.

It set me thinking though, if everyone reported even the smallest of crimes in the country, I don't think that the police would be able to cope.

This kind of 'crime' is just regarded as petty these days...

In other countries, the wrong-doer would have his/her ruddy hands chopped off!

I don't think that the police would be able to cope.

In other countries, the wrong-doer would have his/her ruddy hands chopped off!

i don't think the police can cope with what they've got to do already and agree with the hand removal proposal , they certainly wouldn't be able to unscrew the caps with just stumps :D

You could always superglue them on, to stop miscreants nicking them;)
:rofl::rofl::rofl: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WANT TO PUT AIR IN THE TYRES ????? :rofl: :rofl:

its the Scuzers way of saying welcome to East Manchester, we,ve been mooching round your car......:(

Our Laguna (now replaced with a Superb) had these as standard, but Renault charged £12 for a set. We had them pinched a couple of times before I gave up and used plastic. Shame because they did look nice. Incedentally the first set went walkies when in France so the probem is not just here.

You could always superglue them on, to stop miscreants nicking them;)

Funny you should say that, one of the people I work with has had to do just that. To stop the local youths stealing the Black Plastic ones. They like to take them off and throw them at each other aparently.

I have some and have had for a long time. I cant get any air in cos I cant get the buggers undone!! Ask any tyre garage.....DONT get any!!!

A friend did this with his mini, forgot to grease them and the metals corrode and get stuck. Not trusting any of the local tyre places he took them to his BMW dealer to take out. They had to take the tyres off the wheels and cut off the valves to prevent damage to the wheel. The nice people at BMW didn't scratch his wheels and even gave him the new valves and plastic caps for free. They did however charge him £120 for labour!