Isle of Wight Briskoda invasion part 2, Saturday 13th January

pixi

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:doh: What am I thinking? I'd have to get out of bed earlier.

Chill Pixi. Think about it. If they are going to get the 9am Red Funnel ferry you are talking 10am before they arrive in the land of the Pixi's as you put it. Not too early now is it. :P

Do we meet up at the ferry terminal then??

The mainland folk tend to meet at the Mayflower carpark just down the road from the ferry terminal in Southampton, and we meet around that Spar?? supermarket just up the road in Cowes I believe.

Red W*nkers now claim they don't do a discount for multiple vehicles with the exception of for a sports club.

Tired wightlink, they also don't do discount and are talking £40 for a day return.

Both lots can't confirm a price as they don't update their prices until some time in december.

Is that just outside of newport with a gravel car park?

If so I was severly unimpressed when i ewnt there last.

Yeah, neither was I. The portions seem to be getting less in size and quality. Hare & Hounds has improved alot since it was taken over by the Greene King (fe fi foo fum) :P also again a big free carpark. Folly? On the way out of East Cowes. Medina Quays? on the way into Newport?

WoodVale has always been a good pub in the summer - maybe a little cold in the winter? Its bound to be gale force and raining.....:thumbdwn:

If everyone wants to do the route roughly the same as last year that means by the time lunchtime comes around we should be in the south wight somewhere. Hence why The Spyglass was used last year. I'm really not fussed where we go but I would like everyone to have a nice place to go eat.

I've expressed my interest to Mr P about checking out that place in shanklin on the beach, the name escapes me atm.