pixi

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Medina quays is a Brewers fayre.

I havn't been to the Crab for years but agree the location is nice and could well be a contender. My brain is mush today after last night so it may be nice to chill out and check out a couple of places today.

I will try my best to check out the Crab and the Steamer. I will try and grab some menus and scan them on here too :thumbup:

I took Mr P to lunch at the Steamer today and it was awful :thumbdwn:

There is another contender that has reopened since it's thatched roof caught on fire recentely. It's the White horse I think, anyhow it's in Whitwell so on route. It's always had a really good reputation so I will try and check it out next weekend.

We stopped off at the Crab and I grabbed a lunchtime menu, I will scan it somewhen but it is limited.

There is another contender that has reopened since it's thatched roof caught on fire recentely. It's the White horse I think, anyhow it's in Whitwell so on route. It's always had a really good reputation so I will try and check it out next weekend.

The White Horse has always been a favourite of mine. They do a 50oz Mixed Grill. mmm meat. :P Good thinking Pixi.

Guest Fabia 12v

Doesnt look like 12vis gonna make it to the meet :( but i wont let the side down, I will be there in a skoda rather than a VW.

Nice one Bex :)

I'm off out to check out that pub tonight, will let everyone know later. So far I know that you can't book, I have been told they have a back room tho :thumbup:

Well, what can I say? This is now my favourite pub :D

It's in the perfect location for the meet and where we will be around lunchtime and it's nice and ye olde worlde country pub style. I checked out the whole place and it shouldn't be a problem to seat all of us together and apparentely you can book if it's ten or more people. It also has it's own large car park.

Now to the important bit, the food. The menu is probably one of the most varied and extensive I have seen in a country pub. You will not be disappointed :thumbup: The food is bloomin lovely and very good quality. The portions are so big you have to have any sides on a separate plate or bowl. Some of the things I can remember from the menu is loads of steaks (F.I.L. had gammon steak that looked gorgeous) fish, currys, aswell as old favourite pub food like lasagne, scampi and burgers (for Jase :P ). Extensive choices in vegetarian options too.

I will post the address and postcode later on in the first post for those who have KenKens and might get lost :D