Auto Windows KVW100

faboka vrs

taken from the ECS site.

For years Audi owners have had the luxury of being able to control window up and down functions via keyfob remote. Now Volkswagen owners can enjoy the same feature! The KVW100 is a single use flash load device that will program your VW convenience control module with the necessary coding to control your windows via key fob remote. Installation is extremely easy and can be completed in minutes. Please note this is not a feature that can be enabled via VAG-COM this unit flashes the convenience control module with new coding.

• 1 month later...
I've got this feature on my Gora. My mate did it for me through VAG-COM. Very usefull when you find out a passenger has left a window open once you've locked up.

the prolblem is most time you can not find out a passenger that has left a widow open

and you you will go away.:mad:

kvw100 will close your windows automatically when you lock the door as normal.

totally different.:D

There is a way to do it for free.

I am working towards setting up a guide as a service to the Briskoda community (save us all some dosh!)

You need to download an old DOS program that will allow you to actually re-code the Comfort Convenience Module using a serial cable (NOT a USB one). What I have read is that VAG-com cannot do this, as for liabilty/legal reasons they leave this ability out.

For pre-specific-guide info go to tdiclub.com forums and do a search under CCM.

Cheres

Bas

There is a way to do it for free.

I am working towards setting up a guide as a service to the Briskoda community (save us all some dosh!)

You need to download an old DOS program that will allow you to actually re-code the Comfort Convenience Module using a serial cable (NOT a USB one). What I have read is that VAG-com cannot do this, as for liabilty/legal reasons they leave this ability out.

For pre-specific-guide info go to tdiclub.com forums and do a search under CCM.

Cheres

Bas

Looking forward to the guide :thumbup:

• 4 months later...

I have the KVW module and have it working, kind of! See the end of this thread for my progress. Just need to get hold of VAG-COM again to disable one-door lock, as this may be interfering.

FYI, it's been confirmed working on the Octy Mr Luton :D

But then again if it can be done for free... :thumbup:

I did look at the freebie method, but for the potential risk and issues (in my mind), the KVW was worth the

I looked at the freebie method a while back (trawled through pages and pages on other forums too :rolleyes: ) and managed to get hold of the dos software but as I have a usb cable it's no good for me :thumbdwn: .

It's not a feature I could justify spending money on for a new serial cable or the one use module, and I very rarely open the windows anyway, preferring to use the climate control!

Would be nice if there was a completely free method and way to maybe make your own interface up though...........:P

Hi Liam - how's things?

Well it's a possibility at the moment. If you can get to VAG-COM quicker than I can, I'd appreciate letting me know either way :)

I can tell you it's done something, because my sunroof now closes on lock.

Steve

I'm not bad mate, I'm a home owner now so this pile of bricks saps all my money instead of the car! Apart from fuel, the only thing the car's had spent on it in the last 4 months is a service last week, new panel filter and this KVW-100. I don't spend much time on the forums anymore, only to search and the odd bit of browsing...

I don't have a sunroof on mine so I wouldn't know whether mine had done anything. Did yours beep 3 or 7 times? Mine beeped 7 times and nothing has happened. I won't be able to get access to VAG-COM for a good few weeks but I may be able to get my dealer to disable those features for me and then I'll give it another whirl. Let me know if you sort something in the meantime and I'll let you know if I do...:)

Ah well, it's all good :thumbup:

I got three beeps on my first attempt, which I thought was in-line with the instructions.

Will keep you updated. I might be buying VAG-COM myself, so that would make it easier :)

Cheers,

Steve