VRS Fuel filling problem

bestyuk

Merry xmas!

I posted a similar problem in feb this year when i just picked up my new vrs.

There was a problem filling it with fuel. No matter what garage or pump i used it would always stick about 70p in then the pump would cut off.

There were a few suggestions like turning the pump to 2 0 clock or not putting it in so much etc but after almost a year its really starting to annoy me. Through most of the year it has been ok but the odd times it does this its no joke.

Is there a breather pipe on the filler pipe that could be blocked causing the fuel to back up the pipe and cut the pump off?

Has anyone had anything like this and got it fixed. I am going to call skoda and take it back to have it looked at but i just wondered if anyone else had any other ideas.

Thank you

stu

mine clicks off if i have the fuel nozzle in fully , don't have the problem when the nozzle is pulled out about a third

have you tried releasing the air from the tank with the nipple on the R/H/S of the filler neck , see this thread

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/fabia/ventectomy-summer-safety-fuel-filler-thingie/57173/

Diesel bubbles when it comes out of the pipe so it can trick the hose into thinking the car is full.

I always hold the pipe out about a third and go from there.

Just some triva for you, but have you noticed the little catches on the side of your fuel cap so it can sit on the fuel cap and not dangle?

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions, I also found that turning the nozzle to 9 0clock helps a bit as suggested earlier but on mine certainly doesn't work all the time.

I really have tried every which way with the nozzle. Not putting it in all the way, then fully in blah blah. It also does it at every single garage and pump not just the odd one. This is why its so odd.

I know its only a small issue really but its so annoying. Once i just had to stand there and mess about for 10 mins just to fill it up. The other day i got so annoyed i just left it at