Recommend a laptop @

Redfab

Thanks for the direction to pcnextday! Had no idea about it!

Just checked out this and it looks quite good:-

PC Nextday

back to a 15" screen but with 2gb, good processor, and a 256mb x1600. Good thing is price is down to

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a few searches and the zoostorms although came back with good spec reviews, Im not sure on the reliability of them. A few problems posted on the internet:( relating to zoostorms and pcnextday. The extremely low price although attractive seemed a bit too low and may reflect on service/quality/long term reliability. I decided to leave them.

I was recommended to actually ring dell prior to ordering what I wanted (the fujitsu from laptopsdirect/laptopshop)) and see if they had any speical offers or if they could spec a system up to my requirements and price over the phone.

I reluctantly did this and was pleasantly surprised. I ended up ordering this from dell:-

Dell Inspiron 9400

Core2duo T7200 2.0Ghz 4mb L2cache

2GB 667mhz RAM

256mb Nvidia Geforce Go7900

60GB 7200rpm HD

17" widescreen

2yrs warranty

price

I did a few searches and the zoostorms although came back with good spec reviews, Im not sure on the reliability of them. A few problems posted on the internet:( relating to zoostorms and pcnextday. The extremely low price although attractive seemed a bit too low and may reflect on service/quality/long term reliability. I decided to leave them.

I was recommended to actually ring dell prior to ordering what I wanted (the fujitsu from laptopsdirect/laptopshop)) and see if they had any speical offers or if they could spec a system up to my requirements and price over the phone.

I reluctantly did this and was pleasantly surprised. I ended up ordering this from dell:-

Dell Inspiron 9400

Core2duo T7200 2.0Ghz 4mb L2cache

2GB 667mhz RAM

256mb Nvidia Geforce Go7900

60GB 7200rpm HD

17" widescreen

2yrs warranty

price

complete with blue lava lamp and multiple blue led devices...

No toy room is complete without a lava lamp :-) the led usb cables came free withe the belkin hub .... they are quite annoying tbh

Wow thanks for the pics! looking forward to it more now! Dont think I have ever seen one in the flesh but im told they are supposed to be very reliable and solidly constructed!

Wow thanks for the pics! looking forward to it more now! Dont think I have ever seen one in the flesh but im told they are supposed to be very reliable and solidly constructed!

I really can't fault mine at all, it is solid, an important thing I think is the fact that the screen is supported when closed by decent silicone "buffers", lot's of other laptops I have had allowed the screen to touch the keyboard when closed, scratching the screen. Everything has a quality feel to it.

It's travelled well so far, and if you are looking for a case / rucksack then have a look at the Pakuma Akara's, they are around

Got it now and busy messing about setting it up. First impressions are its great.

FLUFFMIESTER - Which pakuma akara bag have you got for the snuggest fit? K1, K2, or K3? Im presuming a K1?

And where do you find them for around

I have just spent a few quid on a desktop system and I'm holding you indirectly responsible... If I hadn't read your post the thought of a new PC wouldn't have entered my head. Now I need to do a burn in test before I start using it proper. Anyone got any suggestions on software for doing this?

Got it now and busy messing about setting it up. First impressions are its great.

FLUFFMIESTER - Which pakuma akara bag have you got for the snuggest fit? K1, K2, or K3? Im presuming a K1?

And where do you find them for around

Donkey - Haha hope you got a good deal and happy with it as I am with mine!

Doesnt half come with a load of tripe installed on it though. Gradually working out whats what and getting rid of it. loads of pop ups for various broadband companies and anti virus trials.

Fluffmiester - the K2 must be very snug fit - I got hold of a K1 and it was rather tight! gone for the K3 after reading I have a few more cm! Should be here by the weekend! Love the backpack style look of them.

Donkey - Haha hope you got a good deal and happy with it as I am with mine!

Doesnt half come with a load of tripe installed on it though. Gradually working out whats what and getting rid of it. loads of pop ups for various broadband companies and anti virus trials.

Fluffmiester - the K2 must be very snug fit - I got hold of a K1 and it was rather tight! gone for the K3 after reading I have a few more cm! Should be here by the weekend! Love the backpack style look of them.

K3 is a better bet, but I don't lug much else around in the bag with it, the k2 is snug but you know the lappie is not moving around in the bag. Good bags though.

Just out of interest, with those Dell 9400's.......what level of support where you going for, 1 Year Cp;;ect & Return, or the 2 or 3 year on site style?

Obviously, it does affect the price a bit.....

As I've discovered, updating my trusty 1.7Ghz Asus this evening, it struggles with Visual Studio Pro 2005.....time for an update, and the Dell might do the job.

Just out of interest, with those Dell 9400's.......what level of support where you going for, 1 Year Cp;;ect & Return, or the 2 or 3 year on site style?

Obviously, it does affect the price a bit.....

As I've discovered, updating my trusty 1.7Ghz Asus this evening, it struggles with Visual Studio Pro 2005.....time for an update, and the Dell might do the job.

I just take the bog standard support (collect / return) mate, but then if I can't fix it if it breaks then I should be dragged outside and flogged with a haddock :D