Millers Diesel Power Sport 4

P-A

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been experimenting with different fuels in my vRS (settled to use Shell V-power) and am due to fill up tonight and use the Millers with it.

I think people have reported earlier in this thread that Millers seemed to work better with Shell Plus than with V-power

I've been using this in my Leon PD150 with Shell V-Power and kinda compiling a little report on it. Have a look at this thread if you're interested, but in essence it does make things a little smoother and a bit quieter but there's no power hike to speak of really when used with Shell V-Power.

I'm in the process of running a tank of std diesel (with no Millers) through at the moment and will refill with std diesel + Millers on the weekend and report back next week on the SCN thread. Its a flawed test, granted, but a fairly complete overview and probably as near to consistent conditions as you'll get when judged in real life daily use I reckon.

Ultimately though, its still only my opinion of it in my car on my commute under my driving style so take it with a pinch of salt!

Ultimately though, its still only my opinion of it in my car on my commute under my driving style so take it with a pinch of salt!

I've now been using this (and mostly the older formulation) for over 200k.

In our previous car it definitely provided a power increase. Going 'without' was definitely like having withdrawal symptoms - even my wife knew when it wasn't in the tank.

Admittedly the old car was only a 80BHP diesel.

I haven't gone 'cold turkey' with the Fabia vRS (but did have none in the tank initially, then put some in, but had not had the car long enough to do a lengthy evaluation - but noticed it was quicker, smoother, quieter).

Going 'cold turkey' should show many users just how effective Millers is.

Another point, sorry, is that the vRS is affected by load / weight etc nowhere near as much as the old car so to some less 'sensitive' drivers the effect may be barely noticeable.

BTW I logged the mpg before and after (brim to brim) for similar driving conditions and times and the car showed 2 to 2.5mpg improvement.

Thanks s3akr. I'm very interested in what you're doing and I'll certainly follow your SCN thread (as an observer, not being a member). Only problem is I don't know whether your experience in your car would apply to my tamer 105 bhp Octavia, but I think it may give a good indication.

Thanks s3akr. I'm very interested in what you're doing and I'll certainly follow your SCN thread (as an observer, not being a member). Only problem is I don't know whether your experience in your car would apply to my tamer 105 bhp Octavia, but I think it may give a good indication.

Been putting Power Sport 4 in my 105bhp MkV Golf since January this year. Overall, mpg is up a few miles, engine runs smoother and slightly better throttle response are my experiences... Well worth putting a dose in with Shell Diesel Extra :thumbup:

To be honest though if I was useing V Power Diesel I wouldn't bother with any Millers

I have found the perfect solution to the dilemma of how to decant the contents of a 5L can of Millers into a suitable container instead of the Millers 500ml bottles. Well ......

my wife bought a bottle of Refresh BIOTAL to keep our water butt free of algae; details here;- Water Butts Direct.co.uk : Hosing & Other Items

As can be seen the bottle has a 25ml dispenser (green screw cap) that works in the same way as the Millers bottle BUT it has a second screw top neck (white screw cap) that can be used to fill/re-fill it; 500ml by the way.

Only

I tried some Millers 4 with V-power in my Octy vRS when it was young and it didn't seem to make any particular difference. I have since done a comparative test of two tankfuls (50 Litres/450 miles) each of V-Power, BP Ultimate, Shell regular and back to V-Power, all without Millers, to work out which fuel I preferred.

The BP Ultimate and Shell V-Power seemed more responsive and quieter than Shell regular. I don't have a smoke issue due to the DPF fitted. As the Shell V-Power is 2p per litre cheaper than BP at the garages I used - I decided to use that.

Earlier this week, and now with 9500 miles on the clock, I filled up with V-Power and put a double dose of Millers in to test this out. Within 20 miles I felt an improvement of sharper response and better fuel consumption, and now after 250 miles I am on for a 3+ mpg improvement in consumption (my daily driving is the same) and there definitely seems to be more 'poke' from the engine.

Millers 4 for regular use it will be from now on; just need to buy a 5L can to get it cheaper. :D:thumbup:

PS> See post #160 above for decanting info.