Millers Diesel Power Sport 4

P-A

Doesn't the amount of soot coming out of the back suggest that the engine is running "rich" at the moment so running NOS should will cause the fuel being injected to be more fully burnt?

Chris

Yes it does, but the amount of soot wont be nearly enough to use up the possible NO2 injected.

Chris

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some Sport 4 at the weekend (thanks Simon!) & popped in a measure to about half a tank full.

Didn't notice anything immediately, but 50 miles or so after & it does seem to be more responsive & willing to rev more.

Gets the thumbs up from me!

I'm now running on my first good dose - put 50ml in with a full fill-up. Seems a little less smokey (well, some is better than it's usual :D), and has the same decent pull/acceleration. I'll keep using it religiously I reckon and all being well, will be very good for the car in the long run.

Just a little odd opening a sample bottle on the garage forecourt. :rofl:

My delivery came this morning. It says add before re-fuelling, but does it actually matter? Will it just mix in? I've got about 3/4 tank presently.

Steve

I would think they say that to make sure it gets mixed in properly.

However, once you've gone over a few of our roads it should be suitable stirred (you're the one that will be shaken, 007).

I have just bunged it in whenever (preferably before refuelling - but when I've run out and then bought some more, I've just bunged it in) and it hasn't made any difference.

Response from Millers re my question about Power Sport 4 usage for Euro III diesels :-

(text extracted from email and accompanying PDF)

Thank you for your recent enquiry. I would recommend using Diesel Power Sport 4 as Diesel Power Plus will soon be obsolete.

Please find attached data sheet.

Mike Fenton - Technical Services Manager

PRODUCT NAME/VISCOSITIES:

DIESEL POWER SPORT 4

DESCRIPTION:

Performance Diesel fuel treatment for enhanced combustion efficiency in modern Euro IV compliant engines.

APPLICATION:

By addition to fuel in the ratio 1 part to 1000 parts [1 ml/ltr]. May also be used at double strength for additional performance

USER BENEFITS:

Millers Diesel Power Sport 4 is a modern state of the art fuel treatment that is suitable for all diesel engines, especially Euro IV, emission compliant vehicles, whilst also providing a tangible improvement to vehicle performance.

Better than new performance

Features a unique combustion efficiency improver and Cetane booster

Improved throttle response

Protection of fuel system components against wear, with specially added lubricity enhancers.

Detergency for prolonged injector cleanliness.

Engine smoothness, noise reduction and fuel savings confirmed by users

Reduces emissions

Fuel system corrosion control.

Prevents fuel from ageing

So, suitable for all diesels - and the old Power Plus to be phased out.

ive been using millers sport 4 on my 100pd for the last week or so. i cant really tell much difference. my mpg was down initially but now its back to normal. and i cant really notice much difference in the performance. maybe if i go without it, i'll appreciate it more?

can anyone give their own opinions on it. thanks.

sorry if this thread is repetitive!

My opinion is it's damned good. I'm getting to the tail end of my first tank of Sport 4 and I've had two instances of 60mpg+ trips. The latest being my trip home from work, which is usually in the mid to low 50s, depending on traffic. :)

I haven't seen it smoke much either. I think I will do another "dose + 50%" on the next fill, and see how it goes. :thumbup:

Nearly did a 'Prediction' thread re Millers i.e. loads will try it, then dump it only to find the car then feels sluggish.

Like anything you get used to extra oomph too easily e.g. the vRS feels "OK" now - as opposed to 'Bloody Hell' when we first got it.

As ScoobyChris found out - run without it and you soon notice.

• 2 weeks later...

It is da bomb :-)

I started using millers diesel clean back when the MOT smoke tests first came in.

Put a double dose in the tank and give it a good run out, then fill up and add a single dose and take the car to the MOT with a new air filter in. Easy pass on emissions.

It was excellent in the XUD engines, and I had just started using it in the TDI before that got replaced which was also showing good results.

I've bene using it for about a month. Almost finished the bottle and think it works well. Only problem is actually using the bottle. For some reason i can't get it to fill the measure up properly :s

I've bene using it for about a month. Almost finished the bottle and think it works well. Only problem is actually using the bottle. For some reason i can't get it to fill the measure up properly :s

remove the top, squeeze GENTLY till the measure is full.

first time i did it i got millers all down my work top D'oh! and its stinks!

Or do as I did and get 3 litres in, from someone who bought in 5 litres in bulk, and stick it all in sample bottles. :D Does have measuring on the side, and I usually aim to chuck in an even 50ml with a full tank of diesel. :)

For some reason i can't get it to fill the measure up properly :s

What was the problem with filling it? Don't appear to have any probs with mine if I take the lid off and squeeze the Millers up into the chamber..... :D

Chris

Lol thanks for the tip guys. Was ok when bottle was above half full but ever since the chamber doesnt seem to fill when the top is loosened, or if its loosened too much it squirts out. Hope the next bottle I get is better. Maybe it takes practise?!?

Lol thanks for the tip guys. Was ok when bottle was above half full but ever since the chamber doesnt seem to fill when the top is loosened, or if its loosened too much it squirts out. Hope the next bottle I get is better. Maybe it takes practise?!?

I'm having exactly the same problems. I've got the Millers bottle that the previous owner gave to me which is about 10% full. I couldn't get the chamber to fill up at all - it all went over the forecourt at the petrol station even though the top was only just loose. After 5 mins of messing around I thought f*ck this and gave up! :mad:

Would someone please clarify something. My wife's Fabia vrs is coming up to two years old. Is it an EU3 or EU4. I'm asking because in the Daily Telegraph, it said that for EU3 engines use Millers Diesel Power Plus, and in EU4 engines use MDPP Sport 4.

I know my Oct is EU4 so that's OK.

Thanks.