Diesel Roomster

Had a spin in a demo top of the range jobbie (100 bhp I think)

Have to say,pretty impressed.Certainly no slouch and a very nice ride

105 bhp it is I think - I've only driven the 1.4 so far but I think I'll have to pay the dealer a visit to get a drive of a diesel one.

when i test drove one a few weeks back the gear change, clutch, steering was so light and easy to drive fast, seemed to pull well enough doesnt have such a bang of torque i think its spread out more but didnt make much fuss when i floored it up the dual carrige way:)

when i test drove one a few weeks back the gear change, clutch, steering was so light and easy to drive fast, seemed to pull well enough doesnt have such a bang of torque i think its spread out more but didnt make much fuss when i floored it up the dual carrige way:)

I'm hoping it will pull well as it will get loaded up with stuff on a regular basis.

I think in a way I'm trying to avoid buying a transit connect.

I'm hoping it will pull well as it will get loaded up with stuff on a regular basis.

I think in a way I'm trying to avoid buying a transit connect.

well i had 2 people in the back too.... give it a go when you get a chance:thumbup:

Dont normally suggest other cars , however girlfriend is going to order a NISAN QAHASKAI , went and had a look at the weekend and test drive , was very very impressed , do them as petrol and diesel , and entry price is a

I've driven a Roomster 2 diesel and a Roomster 1 petrol (loan cars whilst my Fabia was in for warranty work), and found the diesel much better due to the extra 'grunt'.

The 1.4 petrol engine was terrible on the motorway and needed a good run up going down sliproads to get to 70mph, and I often found myself sitting at 60 with lorries rather than trying to overtake and run out of steam.

got my cappucino roomster 3 black interio 1.9 tdi last week ,part chopped my vrs

and after a few runs in it ,it handles very good and it is verry nippy .not as fast as

the fabia ,but very happy with it and the kids love it:thumbup:

got my cappucino roomster 3 black interio 1.9 tdi last week ,part chopped my vrs

and after a few runs in it ,it handles very good and it is verry nippy .not as fast as

the fabia ,but very happy with it and the kids love it:thumbup:

I think that's the route I'm going down. Kids have left home but there is plenty of room for the dog and all the camping and rallying kit.

Drove the 1.4 & 1.9td the other day ( 80bhp 1.4 ) . Sorry to 1,4 owners but it rattles like hell at all rev ranges very noisy in car. The 1,9 is far more refined and quiet in car. It also pulls a lot stronger for only 20bhp more, must have a few more torques.

Oh and the 100 maps to 130 very easy more if you want to gp daft. I can't remember the model of 1.9 I drove but the brakes were a lot better as well.

Driving a 1.4TDI at the moment.

It's ok.

I also have the 1.4 TDI 80hp, and must agree that it is OK. But I think it's a bit too noisy. If I should have boughtit today I would propably have bought the 1.9.

I have not tried the 1.9 in a Roomster, but in other VAG cars. Apart from the noise, the 1.9 delivers power over a broader RPM range.

I like my Roomster a lot, but the 1.4 TDI is not what I like best about it. The 1.6 diesel used by Citroen, Peugeot, Ford, Mazda and Volvo would be perfect for the Roomster. My son have a Mazda 3 with the 1.6 diesel, and it's a better engine IMHO. Hopefully VAG will deliver a similar engine soon.

Has anyone got the 1.9tdi Roomster?

It's looking as though one of these is favourite to replace the fabia but I've only driven a petrol one so far.

Any experiences would be welcome.

I picked up my 1.9 Tdi roomster 2 on Saturday and it's tip top mate, can find anything to fault yet!

Not me, but I would be keen to know what it's like. I tried the 1.4 16v petrol and wasn't too impressed with that engine.

auto express said it sounds rorty? and pulls well :) i think... :rolleyes:

Well I've just ordered a 1.9TDI Roomster 3 so bye bye fabia

oooo what colour? i found quite a few of the colours pretty plain apart from the blue but it didnt look as vivid in life....