BRISKODA National Trackday - 1st June

Makefish

I reckon it's still very quiet Bill, judging by the confirmed list at the top.

I will be coming now though :thumbup:

Do you have you beeza back on the road? The plans looked very interesting when I was at Forge :)

its nearly back with me, which is handy cos I have the 1st 2007 race on monday!

no car still - eak!

reading the organisers website tho it precludes competition cars, so i'm not sure mine is elligible, but have emailed em to ask.

its a road car, road legal, taxed & tested, but also a competition car @ the same time.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its nearly back with me, which is handy cos I have the 1st 2007 race on monday!

no car still - eak!

reading the organisers website tho it precludes competition cars, so i'm not sure mine is elligible, but have emailed em to ask.

its a road car, road legal, taxed & tested, but also a competition car @ the same time.

Bill

Ive seen the odd Wesfield & Caterham turn up on a trailer which are I guess are dedicated track day cars but not taxed etc. Im confident you should get a positive response, yours clearly is a road legal car, just be certain its not toooooooooooooooooooooooo loud as thats something they will not bend the rules on at all.

If youve never done one of their days before I hope you get accepted, they really know how to run a very enjoyable trackday, the t.wats are quickly weeded out for a chat & if they dont listen they are sent packing. Hullavington IMO is quite a chalenging but fun course, theres a horrid tight right about 2 bends after the second straight, its oh so inviting to pile in to quickly but its a definate slow in fast out, not quick in grass out

Stuart

[goes off to check diary] What if i crash though?:eek: :rofl:

What if you crash tomorrow on your way to work? What if I win the national lottery tonight? ;)

The track is a great environment to learn just how far you can go without breaking anything. Am not saying you can't break it (god knows, I've tried and succeeded ;)), but with all the cars going in the same direction, and wide run off areas it is a lot safer.

[goes off to check diary] What if i crash though?:eek: :rofl:

Its your fault !!

Seriously, its incredibly open, there is masses of run off area, you might end up on the grass & get a bit of mud on the car or you might hit a traffic cone used to mark the course out but its very wide so you will have to try to do that !! Ive seen a few cars at Hullavington collect cones but never seen more than 2 wheels on the grass

The only real risk of a damaging accident is if you hit another car & this is incredibly unlikely, you only overtake on the straights & then only when the guy if front indicates that you can. There are marshalls all round the circuit & anyone driving badly is quickly removed. You also have the benefit with this deal of free instructors so your first few laps will teach you all you need to know to get started. If you are still worried you can take out track day insurance but read it carefully as you are normally responsible for the first few grand of damage.

What if you crash tomorrow on your way to work? What if I win the national lottery tonight? ;)

The track is a great environment to learn just how far you can go without breaking anything. Am not saying you can't break it (god knows, I've tried and succeeded ;)), but with all the cars going in the same direction, and wide run off areas it is a lot safer.

Just make sure Q's in the paddock when you are on the circuit :) :)

Can one come to watch the event without booking? Haven't got my Fab vRS SE yet so will have to be envious from the sidelines this year! Those of you taking part - enjoy!

be careful man

Far less careful than when you're driving on the roads these days. As Stuart points out, it really is quite a safe past time. Sure we have all seen crashes at track days posted on the likes of YouTube, but the reality is that at Briskoda track days everyone pretty much respects each other and I've never known any half-wits pull silly stunts. You will tend to drive well within your car's limits at first until you get the confidence and if your driving a fairly standard car it won't do anything without warning, just understeer gently off the track. Track driving is the most fun you can have in public!

Track driving is the most fun you can have in public!

Well, I know of another thing, but after been arrested a couple of times, I've given up ;)

Seriously, the

Think of it this way though... would you really want your kid to bounce all around the car with you should you roll it? God forbid it ever happening of course.

Think of it this way though... would you really want your kid to bounce all around the car with you should you roll it? God forbid it ever happening of course.

Me roll it :D probably :P ......................@ Brunters they let me take him out for a couple of laps at the end, swmbo would never allow the whole day :rofl:

Will sign up next week,

Steve

Lots of interesting chat but just how many people have actually booked a place

and what happens if the level of bookings remains low - will the organisers cancel the day, let non Briskies in or just get pee'ed and vow never to do this again

and what happens if the level of bookings remains low - will the organisers cancel the day, let non Briskies in or just get pee'ed and vow never to do this again

The trackday is listed on MSE's website TRACK DAY CALENDAR so I think they will let anyone in - in fact, when I rang up to book they didn't ask if I was a Briskoda member before taking my details.

So it definitely isn't just for Briskies, and 30 places sounds a lot to have reserved, as it's probably a substantial proportion of those available; when I was there before, there were only about 30 cars in total - I don't know what the maximum number of cars they'll accept is, but you could always contact them and find out how many spaces are left.

The trackday is listed on MSE's website TRACK DAY CALENDAR so I think they will let anyone in - in fact, when I rang up to book they didn't ask if I was a Briskoda member before taking my details.

So it definitely isn't just for Briskies, and 30 places sounds a lot to have reserved, as it's probably a substantial proportion of those available; when I was there before, there were only about 30 cars in total - I don't know what the maximum number of cars they'll accept is, but you could always contact them and find out how many spaces are left.

You are right to assume that the day is not exclusively reserved for Briskoda as it would have cost an absolute fortune to do so and judging by the take up I'm bloody glad we did'nt!, however, Briskoda is the predominant participent in this event and 30 spaces were allocated to us.

There has been a little more interest from one of our site sponsors who I believe will be bringing a couple of cars up albeit not Skodas and I'm coming but hav'nt got round to booking up yet but I'll do it today :o .

Don' forget that this should be a great day out no matter who or how many turn up.

I will be attending this as long as Decron Jnr doesn't decide to make a showing. I really want to book it but have to leave it all to the last minute as if he decides on crashing his Dads party then Ill be