5 hours = one shiny furby!

bomski

Spent a some time with the PC and some various chemicals at the weekend... Didn't use any cutting agents as i'm saving that for GTI International in June...

March07_front.jpg

March07_rear.jpg

Products used (not in any order!):

Zymol Car Shampoo, Zymol Car Polish, Meguiars Clay Bar, Meguiars Quik Detailer, Chemical Guys Pro Detailer, Poor Boys Wheel sealant, Autosol Magnesium Polish, Meguiars Hot Tyre Shine, Collinite No. 476s Wax, Red Bull, Ginsters Peppered Steak Bake...

Edited by bomski

Cheers for all the kudos!

Only been (properly) detailing cars for about 6 months now so learning more and more all the time...

@ Jon TDI - rubbing the paintwork with a ginsters peppered steak made it as smooth as glass!!!:D

One mighty fine lookin' motor.................... I've been toyin' with changing the front vRS badge for the new version for a while now but haven't seen any pics..... Well your pics have made my mind up for me. :D Think i'll add that to my 'things to do next week list'...... How does the old vRS badge come off???? Is it just stuck on or is it clipped on etc...

Cheers

Dave.

@ WaveyDavey -

The old vRS badge is fairly easy to get off.. the best way is to take the front grille off completely and push the badge off from behind (if i remember correctly it seems to be glued on epoxy style)... i silmply used a flat bladed screwdriver to pry the old one off, then used som Araldite Quick Bond to glue the new one on... (tip - use some duct tape to secure it in place whilst gluing!)

@ WaveyDavey -

The old vRS badge is fairly easy to get off.. the best way is to take the front grille off completely and push the badge off from behind (if i remember correctly it seems to be glued on epoxy style)... i silmply used a flat bladed screwdriver to pry the old one off, then used som Araldite Quick Bond to glue the new one on... (tip - use some duct tape to secure it in place whilst gluing!)

Cheers for that fella :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Cheers

Dave.

Black comes up well. Silver ones are a sod to get a shine from them!!;)

I beg to differ :P

EDIT: Sorry, had to include some beading too ;)

Steve

13975.attach

13976.attach

13977.attach