Project Q-Felicia

TeflonTom

• 2 weeks later...

does this mean its polly time????;)

it indeed does mean it's poly time, but not yet i'm afraid, i'm still puzzling over something else at the moment

trying to find the right brake hose fittings has been driving me mad for the last couple of weeks but i think i'm there now, the problem is becasue the wilwood calipers have soime wierd american pipe thread for the inlet fitting (1/8 npt -27 in fact:O), and as far as i can tell you can only get 1/8 npt fittings for -2 hoses, the brake fitting on the body of the car is Metric M10x1 and these are only availble for -3 brake hose..

here is the solution, this adaptor converts the tapered npt thread to a metric M10 fitting:)

adaptor.jpg

now all i have to do is make up a couple of brake hoses from -3 hose with female fittings at both ends, i reckon about 40cm is probably about the right length

sorry to keep going from one subject to another, but i thought i'd spend a bit of time mesuring up the suspension bushes today...

here is the dimensions for the front track control arm bush

fronttcabushdiagram.jpg

there will be 4 of these in total, 2 each side of the car, one pushed in from each side, then a stainless steel tube in the centre for the pivot bolt. the stainless steel tube in the centre is 61mm long, with 20mm OD, and 12mm ID

Hi!

Just thinking of installing this discs along with some brembo/wilwood calipers on my caddy/skoda pickup. The link is to a swedish car parts company, but atleast you can see the measurments in the picture. The discs is for a renault clio 2.0i 16v 98-05.

MECA Online Sverige

Only thing to do is to enlarge the center hole to 62 mm to fit the skoda hub. The bolt pattern and the ofset is just the same.

What do you guys think? Would your caliper adapter fit to this disc aswell? What ofset did the corrado disc have? What I can remember from previous attepts of big brakes the corrado has 39 mm or something? I had a set of Seat cupra turbo discs (also 39 mm ofset) I tried on but the calipers ended up to far out from the hub center. They hit my rims. But the Clio disc would be better, as the disc sits further in, just as the original skoda discs.

my apologies if so.

no need to apologise, it's nice to find sombody who actually understands what i'm on about for a change :o

yes, i did look into renault discs, but they have a 4x98mm pcd so there will be difficulties fitting those to the skoda hubs. the other reason i decided to modify the hubs rather than the disc is because next time the disc need replacing it's a simple swap job rather than setting about machining another set of discs to suit

Hmm, the measurments in the picture shows the bolt pattern to be 4/100.

i'm not 100% certain, but apart from a few of the renault vans which have vauxhall/gm running gear, they all had 98mm pcd except for the r5 gordini which had 3x100pcd (yes 3 :eek:!!)

but won

my big brake convertion is nearly there, i've just been lazy thats all.

i'm using corrado g60 discs and calipers, i'v had the spigot spacers made and got all the stuff. with any luck i'll have the calipers blasted and painted on friday, and maybe get the caliper mounts drawn up to.