Project Q-Felicia

TeflonTom

i've been a busy boy this week(apart from being at work:D )

here's the loom, it's basically a cut 'n' shut on the oe loom, with certain sensors re-located to different positions, and a couple of sensors removed completely. this was a painstaking job which requires a fair bit of skill (and head scratching:rolleyes: ) plus access to wiring diagrams etc

Loom.jpg

A: 36pin Main ECU plug from emerald m3dk

B: Link to dashboard loom/fusebox

C: Ignition Amplifier/Coil

D: Coolant Sensor

E: Lambda Probe Connection

F: Hall Sensor

G: Injector 4

H: Injector 3

I: Injector 2

J: Injector 1

K: 3x bare wires for throttle position sensor

L: Oil Pressure Switch

if anybody else is doing a similar installation and needs a loom made up for the purpose then let me know, if i'm in a good mood i may do it for you:) (if you join freedom!!!)

go for big lairy bike carbs :D

quite a lot of people are 'scared' of fuel injected engines when it comes to modifications and the like, but they are far easier to get right than dirty old carbs, picking the right jet sizes is a fine art best left to people with lots of patience:)

hi folks,

todays trip to the scrapyard(or 2:rolleyes: ) has been quite fruitfull

a neglected looking 1000cc mk4 polo has given up it's fuel rail in the name of motorsport:) and it was only a tenner

fuelrail.jpg

it took me ages to clean it thouroughly but it's come up like new now.... believe it or not these cost about

Excellent work sir!:eek: ;):D

that'll give a lovely roar, and a well set up management system will get you the best from it.

As for the loom-looks almose OE!

Any plans for TB's on Woodie will have to wait until I get the join between downpipe and the rest of the exhaust re joined:mad:

As for the loom-looks almose OE!

is 'was' an oem loom... but i stipped it back to the bare wires and removed all the unecessary sensors and added a few..... twas not a five minute job...... i hope it works:O

is 'was' an oem loom... but i stipped it back to the bare wires and removed all the unecessary sensors and added a few..... twas not a five minute job...... i hope it works:O

I gahterd that, meant that it looks like you just took it out the car;)

For the less technically minded among us... (god I hope I'm not the only one!)

what's going on?:confused:

Instead of having one single air intake point on the car, that then distributes to each cylinder via the intake manifold he is installing individual air intakes for each cylinder.

this allows him to control preciely the volume of air each cylinder recieves, ergo making the engine better balanced and more responsive

:iagree:

there's two main reasons it produces more power with multiple intakes

1) the fuel air mixture presentation to each cylinder is more equalized, this can be really bad on some plenum fed engines

2)the is less flow restriction

i am going to put trumpets on there but i dont know what length yet, i havn't actually ordered the throttle bodies yet so i'm not sure what length i'm going for yet. i going to aim for around 450mm total intake length(including the trumpet/body/manifold/port) to start with and see how it goes when she's running on the dyno... i may add or take away length from the trumpets to fine tune the torque curve once it's up and running

Instead of having one single air intake point on the car, that then distributes to each cylinder via the intake manifold he is installing individual air intakes for each cylinder.

this allows him to control preciely the volume of air each cylinder recieves, ergo making the engine better balanced and more responsive

Thanks! :thumbup:

Thats sounds like a good plan - it also sounds bloody complicated!

Goodluck with the work

Thanks! :thumbup:

Thats sounds like a good plan - it also sounds bloody complicated!

Goodluck with the work

dont worry, Took me a while to comprehend as well!best thing about them is the induction noise!

tom may I suggest you make the trumpet mounting "quick release" in some way so you can have trumpets for different requirements?

yeah i've been thinking about that but it seems a little on the dangerous side to me, you have to remember that amount of vibration these things are subjected to... if one of the fixings came off it would jet sucked into the engine and it would wreck the engine.... i think for now i'll just use M5 cap screws to hold the trumpets on, so all that is needed is an allen key to swap them

yeah i've been thinking about that but it seems a little on the dangerous side to me, you have to remember that amount of vibration these things are subjected to... if one of the fixings came off it would jet sucked into the engine and it would wreck the engine.... i think for now i'll just use M5 cap screws to hold the trumpets on, so all that is needed is an allen key to swap them

sounds like not a bad idea at all! could you not thread the part they mount to so they just screw on? assuming you have a tap and die set big enough:rofl: